Volvo Skid Steers quality or not?

/ Volvo Skid Steers quality or not? #1  

xxxsandman

Silver Member
I'm looking at a Volvo MC110 skid steer. I'm replacing a New Holland LX865 skid steer. Spec wise it seems to be as big/strong or bigger then the LX865. The MC110 I'm looking at has about 700 hours on it.

I'm not real familiar with the Volvo line of skid steers and how good they are. You don't see nearly as many of them, at least I haven't. Are they a quality machine up to par with New Holland, Deere, Bobcat, etc?

At 700 hours is there anything I should be concerned about? I know it depends on how it was used and maintained, just anything in particular to the Volvo?

Thanks for you input.

/ Volvo Skid Steers quality or not?
Based on ZERO replies, I guess no one knows anything about Volvo Skid Steers. That's probably not a good thing, maybe I should strike it off my list.

James

/ Volvo Skid Steers quality or not? #3  
James, I think they are good, Volvo has been making cars and trucks forever and this may be new for them, I would not hesitate
Jim
:)

/ Volvo Skid Steers quality or not? #4  
Volvo makes some great construction equipment but I do not see much of it here in the US except for their excavators and loaders. I would not take it off you list but I would look for a site more geared towards construction equipment and ask there.

/ Volvo Skid Steers quality or not? #5  
I dont no about the skid steer but this Volvo loader from 1959 i still running.

Attachments

• h10.jpg
    h10.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,736
   / Volvo Skid Steers quality or not? #6  
from what i have heard volvo bought out another skid steer company and then relabelled them as volvo. they have changed to volvo engine as well as changing some other parts. i played in a mc70 at the dealer and was impressed. this doesn't mean much as i don't know a lot about skid steers. the unit i was in had pilot controls. they have some good promotions going and they will definitly be on the check into more list for me when i am shopping seriously.
good luck,

/ Volvo Skid Steers quality or not? #7  
If memory serves me correct they bought out Scat Trak

/ Volvo Skid Steers quality or not? #9  
gamble77 said:
If memory serves me correct they bought out Scat Trak

As another user already attested, yes, this is correct.

Volvo came out with their B-series loaders last year, incorporating several design enhancements. Most notably, I'd say, is the option of pilot controls. Probably not a bad product, but it may lack resale value in the long-term.

/ Volvo Skid Steers quality or not? #10  
The new line of VOLVO skidsteers are actually made by JCB in Savannah, Georgia, including the engines. Volvo has plans to eventually put in their own engines from a plant in Brazil.