Equipment value- need help ASAP

/ Equipment value- need help ASAP #1  

rutwad

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 5465, Kubota M5040, Farmall H (2), Minneapolis Moline R, Case 530CK, Cat 416C
I hate to admit it but my ASV RC-100 is totalled. It is 9 months old, cab/air, forestry protection from the front of the cab all the way to the rear of the machine. Also a guard was added to protect the quick attach cylinders and hoses. Also totalled is my FAE mulching head. New teeth may have only 60 hrs. or so. The head included a pressure guage put on at the dealership when new ($1600).

It was totalled in a fire and nothing is left to indicate what condition the machine was in (but I do have a recent video that may help). Any ideas on what I should be looking for. I figure I am upside down in equity, so I need as much as I can get. Please advice!!

Many thanks!

/ Equipment value- need help ASAP #2  
What do you need a value for, insurance claim?

/ Equipment value- need help ASAP #4  
And I thought I was the only one with Bad luck....SORRY to here about your machine..Mine is due back this week with brand new engine....My rep told me here in florida 12 Cat 287's have burnt/total losses and the insurance companies have caught on to mulching claims and denying them..Doesnt sound fair to me? If you pay your insurance premiums shouldnt they cover this type of loss? Can you prove to them you clean your machine often? Anyone here of this before? I hope everything works out for you. Keep us posted...

/ Equipment value- need help ASAP
I'm pretty sure it started from too much dried debris. I do clean it often, but recently I have been cutting a pasture that is slightly too overgrown for a bushhog. So I was cutting way more in a day's time than typical.

The insurance rep. said Cat's seem to be the worse about burning.

/ Equipment value- need help ASAP #6  
rutwad said:
I'm pretty sure it started from too much dried debris. I do clean it often, but recently I have been cutting a pasture that is slightly too overgrown for a bushhog. So I was cutting way more in a day's time than typical.

The insurance rep. said Cat's seem to be the worse about burning.

What part of the machine actually started the dried debris on fire? The exahust manifold maybe?

/ Equipment value- need help ASAP #7  
My Cat 268 recently had a bad fire started from debris. This was the fourth on on that machine. My Cat 248 has had several also. The problem with Cat Skid Steers is too many openings for large debris, mainly pine straw and dry leaves to enter the engine compartment. I've tried stuffing the openings with foam and hardware cloth, but it still gets in. You have to stop every hour and clean as much as you can reach. Then once a week you have to take the tractor apart and pressere wash it thoroughly. Daily wet downs from a water tank help. But in spite of all these efforts, they still catch on fire.

I 've been thinking about buying an ACV with the Forestry package. I guess none are immune.

/ Equipment value- need help ASAP
Gamma, it appeared to start under the muffler (left rear bottom), but by the time I got close to a water supply it had spread to the front right upper corner of the engine compartment (around the hyd. control valves). Once the fire got to the hydraulic fluid, it became very intense and my water hose was like spitting on a camp fire.

Mowermoney, these machines have ways for debris enter almost anywhere. Haun makes a piece for the ASV that covers the foam next to the cab to keep debris out here.

I keep my machine clean. I have only cleared brush piles for 11 hours since the last cleaning. It left no debris since I was not running through thick or overgrown areas.

Then my father is the guy that has everything. I wasn't able to think of much to buy him for Father's Day, so I was clearing his overgrown pastures. It was super easy cutting, most places I was able to run as fast as it would go in low. So by cutting much more than normal in a day plus the finer debris of high weeds, etc, I guess I accumulated build up more quickly.

OR, I know before starting that my skid plates were fine. Now, the front of the rear skid plate is pulled down. If it did not get warped in the fire, but was like this while I was cutting, then all I was doing was feeding the engine compartment with debris.

/ Equipment value- need help ASAP #9  
Why don’t you guys add some fire suppression systems like they have in Race cars.
You can mount the bottle or bottles anywhere, and if a fire breaks out hit the button and turn your rig into a cloud of suppressant.

Just a thought.

Firecharger - Fire Suppression Systems for Race Cars