Guide to Bobcat Skidsteer Models and Years???

/ Guide to Bobcat Skidsteer Models and Years??? #1  

Dougster

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 Mahindra 4110 w/509 BH
Anyone know of an online guide to Bobcat-brand skidsteer loader models and years? I am looking into buying a used one to supplement my TLB on bigger jobs and jobs not well suited to my current machine. All of the skidsteer manufacturers seem to change machine designations from time to time to keep folks like me confused, but the Bobcat model numbers and production years are really throwing me worse than normal. :rolleyes:

The official Bobcat website is not helping me much in terms of features and technical specifications since it does not cover out-of-production machines. I am mainly focused on machines produced between 1996 and 2005. Google isn't helping me much as it is mainly showing me machines for sale without much in the way of useful tech specs. Thanks! :)

Dougster

/ Guide to Bobcat Skidsteer Models and Years??? #4  
I see some of the ASV owners or want to be owners are pretty spirited about the machines.

But I have a question. Why is it I see new SR80's similarly equiped, new, not used, running from the mid thirties to the mid forties? Same machine, same machines, different ASV dealers, but ten grand in difference?

I've got a quote on a JCB from a Dallas dealer on a new JCB 1110T that's five grand cheaper than the used ones on machinery trader. But I understand that, JCB isn't a popular machine here in Texas because they've never been promoted.

ASV SR80 For Sale at MachineryTrader.com

/ Guide to Bobcat Skidsteer Models and Years???
wroughtn_harv said:
I see some of the ASV owners or want to be owners are pretty spirited about the machines. But I have a question. Why is it I see new SR80's similarly equiped, new, not used, running from the mid thirties to the mid forties? Same machine, same machines, different ASV dealers, but ten grand in difference? I've got a quote on a JCB from a Dallas dealer on a new JCB 1110T that's five grand cheaper than the used ones on machinery trader. But I understand that, JCB isn't a popular machine here in Texas because they've never been promoted.
ASV SR80 For Sale at MachineryTrader.com
I'm seeing the same thing. Prices all over the place... varying widely by location. But I'd also like to ask the ASV enthusiasts: Can you explain to me the difference(s) in purpose or use or anything else between the larger RC's and the SR's? :confused: Why two competing model series... and which one is better???

Dougster

/ Guide to Bobcat Skidsteer Models and Years??? #6  
I think that there is probably a few reasons why dealers whould sell the same machine for different prices. One could be that different dealers are willing to "live on different margins". When I was a bobcat salesman I tried to maintain a specific margin, but there was a minimum margin that the salesmanager would drop to, and that was our "final offer" to the customer. a dealer needs to maintain a specific margin to support the machines he sells, operate his store (pay commissions, pay rent, etc.) It's no secret that some dealers can work with smaller margins (more efficient, carries multiple product lines, fewer employees, owns his buildings and property etc.), and others need larger margins. I also think that the different prices could be that some dealers have had that machine for a longerperiod of time under the terms that ASV provides them with. When those terms expire, the dealer has to put them on his own financing, and that cost him x amount a month. The dealer is then more motivated to sell that piece of equipment in order to prevent paying interest. The dealers could also be bringing down their inventories in case ASV comes out with improvements or new machines at their dealer meetingthat they are supposed to be having later this year.

I don't think that the RC and the SR machines compete against each other. The SR70 and SR80 fall between ASVs 60 and 100hp machines, and the SR undercarriages have metal face seals where the RC machines don't. i would bet that ASV ends up making all of the machines SR machines with the new undercarriages, but in their same hp classes- 30, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100. Just my two cents.

/ Guide to Bobcat Skidsteer Models and Years???
Digdeep said:
I don't think that the RC and the SR machines compete against each other. The SR70 and SR80 fall between ASVs 60 and 100hp machines, and the SR undercarriages have metal face seals where the RC machines don't. i would bet that ASV ends up making all of the machines SR machines with the new undercarriages, but in their same hp classes- 30, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100. Just my two cents.
Don't forget the RC-85... and I guess that's what I was thinking when I mentioned competing models... RC-85 vs. SR-80 specifically... and even RC-60 vs SR-70 to a lesser degree. But I guess you are right. The SR's are apparently a new and improved design... and someday soon they may all be SR machines. :rolleyes:

Dougster