driveway project what should i expect for a price?

/ driveway project what should i expect for a price? #1  

farmerjim

Gold Member
Tractor
jd h, jd 50, jd2010,jd 790,case530hoe
getting a new driveway priced out we need to remove about 8-10ft of material and grade the side slopes from what we remove to a manageable grade, then need to have a new slight grade driveway installed approx 116ftx12ft wide then extend out another 130ft to exsisting driveway. i plan to do all the finish work myself i just want it "roughed"in meaning dug/graded/process top coat installed. also may need to put in some geotextile cloth for surface water issues and possibly drainage pipe. what would be a going rate for excavator services? i was figuring about $80-$100/hr. any thoughts / info or other ideas would be great.

Attachments

• driveway1.jpg
    driveway1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 225
  • driveway2.jpg
    driveway2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 185
   / driveway project what should i expect for a price? #2  
you have a lot of unanswered questions here.. where are the spoils being brought? Are they required to be trucked away or moved elsewhere on the same property. Trees, stump removal? are you renting the excavator for yourself or farming this out.

/ driveway project what should i expect for a price? #3  
Yeah there are a lot of unanswered questions. That price range sounds right but it could be higher depending on the equipment used. Larger (120 plus) excavator would be I think well over $100/hr. plus you have possible trucking etc.

Blake
WA