Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Default Re: Gehl 603/Mustang 6003 excavator

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne County Hose
    The only problem that I ever see on the Gehl's is the hoses. They have metric hose ends. You won't find these at Napa or TSC.
    I buy all my hydraulic hose and ends from my dealer, they have what I need and what size I need. There are also companies that have mobile vans that go on site to deliver and build hydraulic hoses for equipment.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson model 85, Allis-Chalmers WD-45

Default Re: Gehl 603/Mustang 6003 excavator

Quote Originally Posted by tlbuser
    I've heard similar about JCB stuff. Fact or fiction?
    JCB is all BSPP. British standard parallel pipe. Looks like NPT, will even screw on, but BSPP is parallel thread, NPT is tapered, BSPP is usually one thread per inch finer, and BSPP threads are cut on a 60 degree angle, NPT is 55 degree. Don't mix them. You may get it on and not leak, you will tear it up on the way off.

Easy way to tell the difference between the two is to look at the male end. BSPP is straight thread, NPT will have a taper.

Truth be known, I love BSPP. I think it's the most versatile fitting out there.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply.
    Willing is not enough, you must do.
    Bruce Lee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12