Gehl 603/Mustang 6003 excavator

/ Gehl 603/Mustang 6003 excavator #2  
The Gehl's have a feature that a lot of our Customers' like (and I'm not a Gehl Mini-Ex Dealer)-you can tilt the House on a hillside-I have lost deals to that.

We get them in sometimes fo repair, and I think they are o.k.-they are not made by Gehl (I think it's an Italian Company?)-seems to be a reasonably well made piece-I have seen them torn up, but it was the Operator, not the Machine-if it's tight, no Metal in the Hydraulic System, reasonably priced and in overall good shape I wouldn't think twice-

/ Gehl 603/Mustang 6003 excavator #3  
They are a re-badged Takeuchi. I have not operated or owned one, but have been studying them as I am interested in their CTL. From what I have found they are a simple machine without all the electronics of the ASV and Cat. Also I have a good dealer close who handles them (there are no close dealers who carry the afore mentioned brands). From what I have read they are a good, reliable machine.

/ Gehl 603/Mustang 6003 excavator #5  
plowrup said:
-you can tilt the House on a hillside-I have lost deals to that.

I don't understand what you mean here. While servicing or........

/ Gehl 603/Mustang 6003 excavator #6  
tlbuser said:
I don't understand what you mean here. While servicing or........

I probably didn't explain it very well-you can tilt the upper structure so that, say, the Tracks are on an incline (hill) while the Operator's Platform is "bubble" level-hope this makes sense-

Attachments

• exc_prod_2.jpg
    exc_prod_2.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 491
   / Gehl 603/Mustang 6003 excavator #8  
Thanks for the link, I did not know the mini's were made in Austria. Learn something new everyday.

/ Gehl 603/Mustang 6003 excavator #9  
The only problem that I ever see on the Gehl's is the hoses. They have metric hose ends. You won't find these at Napa or TSC.

/ Gehl 603/Mustang 6003 excavator #10  
Wayne County Hose said:
The only problem that I ever see on the Gehl's is the hoses. They have metric hose ends. You won't find these at Napa or TSC.

I've heard similar about JCB stuff. Fact or fiction?