Has any experience with 20" tracks in the snow?

/ Has any experience with 20" tracks in the snow?
You will also be surprised how well wide tracks work in the snow.

jmf

/ Has any experience with 20" tracks in the snow? #22  
I was going to ask you about 18 inch vs 20 inch tracks. I had a conversation with a dealer who had extensive useage with 80's and felt that the 18 was
actually better than 20. I think they also felt bucket coverage was better as
18 tracks were inside outter edge of bucket. Your thoughts there..

/ Has any experience with 20" tracks in the snow? #23  
Jmfox: How did you do this year with 9 foot plow blade..? Have you heard anything great about snowblower operations with SR-80 ..?:)

I use my 4-in-1 for snow this year. Probably not the most efficient, but it worked well.

I've only used 20" tracks, so I have no comparison experience to share. The local dealer in my area also prefers the 18" tracks. I guess it depends on what's more important, ground pressure or traction. Sometimes when I'm pushing dirt I wish I had greater traction (narrower footprint), and other times I am thankful and surprised that I can work in a mud hole that I couldn't easily walk.

jmf

/ Has any experience with 20" tracks in the snow? #25  
Thanks again. I found a new PT 60 which was just delivered into my area so I'm on the demo trail today. Back tomorrow with a review.

/ Has any experience with 20" tracks in the snow? #26  
Well it took a year but I finally added the Erskine/Quick attach 2400 86 inch hi-flow blower to the ASV sr-80. Because I just took delivery the snow was all corn sun drenched, but it easily moved the wet stuff 30 feet. If there is another snow event over the last remaining weeks of winter I will report back. So far ASV and all attachments have far exceeded my expectations.

Make sure you grease about every ten hours with EP (extreme pressure) rated grease, especially the 8 fittings on the axles. We had a pretty heavy winter this year and it is a good feeling knowing that I can handle whatever I wake up to. I'll be very interested to hear how the blower works on the SR-80.

jmf

/ Has any experience with 20" tracks in the snow? #28  
JMF: Gease the blower every 10 hours or were you referring to arms on SR-80. Ironically I snapped a zerk out of the upper arm last weekend, which will need to be rethread now. As far as the 2400 with high-flow what I saw last weekend gave me a huge boost of confidence that Erskine is well worth the price. Oh and they are looking to move them. The only worry I have is uphill traction with 1200 pound blower in front if the road surface has a bit of ice.