Komatsu D21P Dozer

/ Komatsu D21P Dozer #1  

kennyc51

Left track does not pull, if you brake the left track the dozer will turn left, if you brake the right track the dozer stops moving, sometimes will going forward the dozer will start spinning in circkles to the left as if you locked in the left brake. Any idea's on whats wrong?

/ Komatsu D21P Dozer #2  
left side clutch is slipping, look for adjustment procedre and hope that there's some adjustment left in the linkages.

/ Komatsu D21P Dozer #3  
kennyc51 said:
Left track does not pull, if you brake the left track the dozer will turn left, if you brake the right track the dozer stops moving, sometimes will going forward the dozer will start spinning in circkles to the left as if you locked in the left brake. Any idea's on whats wrong?

KENNY: Make your post on the construction form here, and GuglioLS (Larry) will give you the solution; he has a similar tractor that he has restored. You may want to look back a few pages there too? He has posted a lot of work with details for various up-grades and fixes! Or you may want to send him a private message for a faster response?
LEE

/ Komatsu D21P Dozer #4  
THERE IS A ADJUSTMENT ON THE BRAKE, BUT THERE IS NO ADJUSTMENT ON THE CLUTCHES THEMSELVES. IF THE CLUTCH IS SLIPPING, IT IS TIME FOR NEW CLUTCHES. WE HAVE THEM AVAILABLE FOR $275 PER SIDE WHICH INCLUDES 7 FIBER DISK AND 6 STEEL DISK AND SHIPPING IS INCLUDED.

THANK YOU,

KENT BAUGH EQUIPMENT
2596 FM 250 N.
HUGHES SPRINGS TX, 75656
KTBAUGH.COM - Kent Baugh Equipment
CELL: 903-399-8738
OFFICE: 903-639-2765
FAX: 214-853-540

/ Komatsu D21P Dozer #5  
Kenny,

Sorry to here the left track is not pulling, as KTBaugh has stated, the left steering clutch is a goner - best to replace both sides. KT's price with shipping cannot be beat.

KT - you got any pointers on what all needs to be removed to get at and replace those clutches?

Larry

/ Komatsu D21P Dozer #6  
:confused: Do any of you have any suggestions on how to adjust the steering brake on a Mitsubishi BD2g? I have one that both tracks will pull but won't turn right when the brake lever is pulled.

/ Komatsu D21P Dozer #7  
Tim Stuart said:
:confused: Do any of you have any suggestions on how to adjust the steering brake on a Mitsubishi BD2g? I have one that both tracks will pull but won't turn right when the brake lever is pulled.

Tim,

It would be best to start your own thread on the breaks for your Mitsubishi so as not to Hijack Kenny's thread regarding the clutch on his Komatsu. Once you start a new thread, I or others may have the solution for you.

Larry

/ Komatsu D21P Dozer #8  
Hey Kenny, it sounds like the clutches are gone but you need to also check to make sure there is no oil in the steering clutch area. If there is you will need to replace the seals in either the hydraulic actuator or the rear bevel gear seal. Of course the clutches too. :( If you transmission oil level dropped then it's the hydrauilic cyliner seal... If the bevel gear oil level dropped then it's that seal. I do have sets in stock for $550 for both the steering clutches and the steel plates that go between them. Komatsu is over $1100 last time I checked. :( The seals we can cross over but normally I just buy them from Komatsu. Hope this helps and you get your unit back on track.

Darin

kennyc51 said:

/ Komatsu D21P Dozer #9  
Yes kindly start new thread and I'll give you some input. got those clutches and disc too.

Darin

Tim Stuart said: