John Deere 450E

/ John Deere 450E #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
We just bought a JD450E dozer with 6 way blade and winch, runs and works excellent. Just wanted to know what maintenace and care we should give this machine? Also any quirks to look for?
Thanks,
Ash

/ John Deere 450E #2  
Grease, grease, and more grease. Once you have run a dozer that is wopped out from neglect you will take real good care of yours.

Change the hydraulic filter, and the hydraulic oil if yours shows signs of having water in it. Also do not over tighten the tracks, as when you run a dozer in sand the tracks will often tighten up on their own just from sand compaction. Its easy to tighten them, a pain in the butt once they are over tight. A slight droop in the tracks is usually about the right tightness.. If they are flopping all over then they are too loose.

/ John Deere 450E #3  
   / John Deere 450E #4  
If you didn't get an owners manual with the machine order one from JD or ebay. Keep it with the machine(my Cats have a folder in the back of the seat)if you are operating away from your home/shop. Many times I've had questions and it is very nice to have a manual handy to reference. A shop manual can be very nice to have too, especially if you plan to try and work on anything yourself. Depending on how much you plan to work it and how urgent you schedule is, you might start checking around for a heavy equipment mechanic. I found one that is very knowledgable and has a good rep in this area by talking to commercial dozer operators before I needed one. It make it much easier than needing a mechanic and hunting for names while broken down.

/ John Deere 450E #5  
hi
here is a website John Deere - Parts Catalog

you can type in your model number and get a parts breakdown for the crawler.

Charlie.