Need Bull Hog teeth at a good price

/ Need Bull Hog teeth at a good price #1  

Blue Rock

Tractor
Tiger Cat M760
New to the board. Does anyone know where is the cheapest place to buy carbide teeth for a Bull Hog Fecon head? I have a Tiger Cat M760 mulcher with the Fecon head - uses 64 teeth. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

/ Need Bull Hog teeth at a good price #2  
Where are you? Teeth are heavy and shipping could be an issue. If you get them local you have to pay tax but shipping could be a killer on 64 teeth. If your like me I keep a half dozen or so in the toolbox.

/ Need Bull Hog teeth at a good price
Im in Virginia I get 70 teeth at a time that are over 75$ each Im Looking to cut coast My dealer has me bent over the barrel :mad:

/ Need Bull Hog teeth at a good price #4  
Nissley Equipment in Columbia Kentucky. I get mine from him for about $66 each. In VA you will not have to pay sales tax. I am out of TN and just go pick them up or have a service truck drop them off when they are in the area. He does not charge me for that. When you call him tell him Mark who is working in New Mexico referred you. Over $600 in savings you could even pay a little shipping!

/ Need Bull Hog teeth at a good price #5  
Tell me about your Tigercat. I have been looking at big machines but I think it is to steep out here for tires. There is a guy that has turned his Hydro-Ax over 3 times and he stays on the ridgelines. I am working an area with a 1-1 slope right now 186 acres worth. I stay scared to death most of the day, makes it easy to sleep when you have to concentrate that hard. I got a grinder because I am dumb and just wanted to work and kill trees. Come to think of it I guess I am pretty dumb grinding on a 45 degree slope!

/ Need Bull Hog teeth at a good price #6  
You might want to look on eBay. There's someone on there who sells carbide teeth made by 'Kong' in Germany, but I think they might be only for FAE based heads.

/ Need Bull Hog teeth at a good price #7  
I order teeth locally and they have them sent to me right from the factory...I only get 30 at a time. They gave me a 10% discount on buying 30 and with the shipping it was still better then retail..about $72 a tooth. I would assume any dealer could do the same, But I may have to call Nissley.

/ Need Bull Hog teeth at a good price #8  
I second (or third) Nissley in Kentucky...pays for shipping with the lower $$$. Know any truckers who could get them backhaul for ya?

/ Need Bull Hog teeth at a good price #9  
I talked with Daniel Nissley today and he is ready for the tooth bumrush. He did mention that Fecon makes two kinds of teeth now. The new ones are supposed to have more carbide and they are around 75$ but they look the same to him. I confirmed that if you order a full set it will be around $66. I wanted to give him a heads up before mulchers from all over the country started calling and wanting teeth!

/ Need Bull Hog teeth at a good price
cbturf-
The machine is a Tiger cat M760 with a 10 foot mulcher head. Most guys in our area are using 720s for tree shears. My machine is 400+ hp . Working in the mountains of VA and other areas in VA as well. The machine has differential locks for steep grades. When working on steep grades, I usually back up the grades rather than go down them.

I have another question- I go in the ground at least 3 inches, does anybody else out there go in the ground? Looking at hours per teeth, how much are you guys averaging for a set of teeth?