New Deere 4 track dozer

/ New Deere 4 track dozer #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
I will hand it to Deere this time. This is something different and it looks useful for smaller operations. 18mph (rumored up to 25mph) and able to drive down a road should make this attractive for some outfits. I know large farms will love them as we can drive them from field to field and if you bury a tractor you can bring this beast over to tug you out:)

John Deere Construction Equipment Homepage

/ New Deere 4 track dozer #2  
That thing looks sweet! I wonder what the average track life expectancy is? Obviously some machines will go a lot longer than others depending on their work environment.

/ New Deere 4 track dozer #3  
Hmm, I suspect that will have a forestry mulcher jobby mounted up front pretty soon. Neat rig, its like they paid attention to the tracked articulates with land leveling blades on the front!

/ New Deere 4 track dozer #4  
Man, the marketing guys get to have all the fun, don't they. That's a pretty slick looking machine. I don't know squat about dozers, anyone have an impression on how well it will do in the marketplace?

/ New Deere 4 track dozer
It does have a market as long as the tracks will hold up. If these cost anywhere near what the STX quadtraks cost to repair and the tracks systems have a short lifespan then these will all be sitting in junkyards in 10-15 years.

/ New Deere 4 track dozer #6  
radman1 said:
I have my doubts. Looks like case-ih quadtrack with dozer blade on front. Up to 473 hp with case-ih and 19,700 lbs lift. Only weighs a mere 51,000 lbs. The JD product seems puny at 200hp.
Don't think the tracks will hold up to the really tough work.

Exclusive Quadtrac® | Steiger® and Quadtrac® 4WD Tractors | Tractors | Products | Case IH

This isn't meant to be or compete with a Quad Trak. John Deere has their line of Bell tractors that you can get with tracks or the heavy duty versions of the 9030 John Deere for the STX competition. This product is a high speed dozer. The high speed enables it to be more useful around job sites and the rubber tracks allow it to be road friendly if you are working in a city or town or just working along a roadway.

/ New Deere 4 track dozer #8  
my first thoughts were also its a quadtrac with the engine in the back and a blade on the front i know it isnt suppose to replace the quad track and also as far as i know deere only makes ag tractors with 2 tracks not four and that is like driving a dozer when you turn you tear up the field and stuff they have their place and that but i just dont like em i dont care much for the quadtrac either

my .02

brett

brettliddicoat said:
my first thoughts were also its a quadtrac with the engine in the back and a blade on the front i know it isnt suppose to replace the quad track and also as far as i know deere only makes ag tractors with 2 tracks not four and that is like driving a dozer when you turn you tear up the field and stuff they have their place and that but i just dont like em i dont care much for the quadtrac either

my .02

brett

Deere partnered with Bell in 1999 and these tractors are industrial tractors available with tires or tracks.

75582745.jpg

Bell Equipment :

/ New Deere 4 track dozer #10  
Here are a couple of photos that I took of the 764 HSD at the show in Vegas:

Attachments

• Deere 764 HSD Front Resize.jpg
    Deere 764 HSD Front Resize.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 3,656
  • Deere 764 HSD Resize.jpg
    Deere 764 HSD Resize.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 2,141