I need to advertise

/ I need to advertise #1  
My question for everyone here is "What is the best and most effective way to advertise land clearing services in order to reach your customer base"? Right now I'm pretty much going on business cards and word of mouth. Word of mouth can be great as far as your reputation goes but I don't think you can depend on it to keep the phone ringing. I need a better way to reach out to property owners specifically to convince them of using my services. Also, before this business becomes my sole source of income, should I be in tight with some realtors or general contractors to make sure the money keeps coming? I know it wouldn't hurt but I guess what I'm asking is "Is it necessary"? Just wondering how some of you guys that do this full time keep the wheels turnin'. Your help is appreciated.

Bama

/ I need to advertise #2  
mixture of phone book, newspaper classified under the "services" section, and posted signs at all the farm supply stores you can.
it also doesn't hurt to make friends with property management or realty companies and contractors, but don't cut your throat getting the business with them.

good luck!