Laser Leveling Help

/ Laser Leveling Help #1  

Foozle

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740
Hi,

Now that I have my equipment on order I'm starting to think up projects. One project is to build a barn for all my new equipment. I did a search on tbn for discussion surrounding laser levels, but didn't find much recent in the way of recommendations for different types.

I've looked at Home Depot and they have about 50 different varieties from $30 to $1000+. My barn will likely be 40' x 80', so some of the cheaper ones don't seem to have that range. I could try to borrow one, but I hate borrowing stuff. Any thoughts/reviews as to what is a decent laser level that has about 100' range or so?

Any other advice?

Thanks,

Dave

/ Laser Leveling Help #2  
Rent one
Your only gonna use it once

:)

/ Laser Leveling Help #3  
I used a $45.00 HF special to lay out some stuff but coulden't see it during the day so I shot elevations to stakes driven during the day at nightand it showed up fine.

tom

/ Laser Leveling Help #4  
I have been working the same problem.

Go low tech. Get a 5 gallon bucket and 100 ft of 1/4 inch clear hose. Put a fitting in the side of the bucket near the bottom and hook up the hose. Add water and you will have a level with a 100 foot radius. $10 :rolleyes: You can wrap the hose around the outside of the bucket for storage.