Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    L35

Default Re: Husquavarna Used Pro Saw

As mentioned the 372 is a much better saw. The 575 replaced the 372 with the addition of higher emission standards and higher weight. I know that doesnt help you much with the offer before you BUT....if you need a bigger saw try to find a used 372 (some places acctually still have new ones in stock as they were a VERY popular saw, parts will be available for a LONG time).

Also I have been sent out as a faller on a few wildland fire assignments. I worked close with the Professional fallers because I like to learn all the things they are willing to teach me. One of the things they mentioned is NEVER buy a used saw from a faller. Of course the guy at your place may take perfect care of and never abuse his saw.
    Hutch

Tractor
    JD TLB 110

Default Re: Husquavarna Used Pro Saw

My own take on this is there is a reason why they sell their saws after one year.

Probably they have found through experience that they are worn out somewhere around there.

Small portable engines just don't last that well. They are designed for a very high power to weight ratio, which means that durability is sacrificed.

I would go with a new mid-range saw, which will last for a good long time under the use you will give it.
    40 Acres on a hill - fantastic view. JD 110 TLB, 4-n-1, 12" bucket, 18" bucket, Addington thumb, rock bucket (doubles as root grapple)

Not only do we not understand the universe, if someone explained it to us, we would not know what he was talking about.

Isaac Asimov

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12