Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 2305

Default Husquavarna Used Pro Saw

I having my property logged. The Logger mentioned to me that they run thier chainsaws for 1 year and buy brand new ones and sell the 1 year used ones. I am thinking about buying one, my question is, is it worth it?

The saw is a Husky 575XP professional. I cut wood, but not everyday like these guys do. When I do, a few times a month, I cut a lot. I am thinking I would love the HP and reliability of this saw, however, would it be worth buying used for $300.00?? Or, should I just spend an extra $75.00 and get a brand new mid range saw (Husky Rancher).

If there are any loggers out there, I would love to hear your opinion.
    JD 2305, 54" MMM , 200 cx loader
    Woods 60" landscape rake
    4 x 4 Harrow drag
    Husky 357XP Chainsaw
    Lincoln Pro Mig 180T welder
    Harris Oxy/ Acetyl cutting torch
    Rigid Chop Saw
    Huge Garage w/ a Nice Work Bench
    Husky Gas Power Washer (good investment, get one)

5 acres - cleared and wide open

Platinum Member firefighter9208's Avatar
    Tractor
    2004 Kubota M4800

Default Re: Husquavarna Used Pro Saw

Here is a comparison of the two. Notice the difference in HP and recommended bar length. Husqvarna Outdoor Power Equipment -

I called my local saw shop and they get $749-$799 for the 575 XP (new). And they have some used ones for $500.00 (gone over)

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Chris
    2004 Kubota M4800 with Bushhog M346 Loader with 6' Heavy Duty Bucket and Bale Spear. 6' Bushhog SQ720 Mower, Bushhog RDTH72 Finish Mower. Bushhog 3pth Log Splitter. Andy Tatro Grapple. Home Made 48" pallet forks.

1966 Farmall 140 with cultivators and fertilizer attachment.

1999 F250 LWB Ext. Cab 7.3L Powerstroke, ZF 6 Speed, Chip, Exhaust, Cool Air Intake.

2009 Chevrolet Traverse

1969 Mach1 Mustang 351W. Too much to list.

Have you considered the weight of the saw and what you will be using it for?
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Tractor
    JD 2305

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter9208
    Here is a comparison of the two. Notice the difference in HP and recommended bar length. Husqvarna Outdoor Power Equipment -

I called my local saw shop and they get $749-$799 for the 575 XP (new). And they have some used ones for $500.00 (gone over)

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Chris
    Chris, thanks so much for your feedback. Wow!! that saw goes for that much!! Since I will only be using it to cut up big hardwoods, higher HP is definitely better. I am currently using an older Stilh MS 025, nice little saw, but it is on the verge of getting killed since I started cutting larger hardwood. I definitely need something w/ more hp. I think the Rancher will be fine, even though he says they are used for one year, unless your a pro logger, I will never know how really use the saw is.

I guess 300 bucks is a good deal, however, remeber, he is logging our land and he will probably make it up elseware, if you know what I mean.
    JD 2305, 54" MMM , 200 cx loader
    Woods 60" landscape rake
    4 x 4 Harrow drag
    Husky 357XP Chainsaw
    Lincoln Pro Mig 180T welder
    Harris Oxy/ Acetyl cutting torch
    Rigid Chop Saw
    Huge Garage w/ a Nice Work Bench
    Husky Gas Power Washer (good investment, get one)

5 acres - cleared and wide open

Richmond VA & Martha's Vineyard, People's Republik of Massachusetts
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030, Kubota M59 TLB

like egon said, too big a saw is no bargain. I don't have enough info on your use to say, but I'm guessing the Rancher is more than enough, and the pro saw would have you hating life.

I usually cut around 6-10 60' oaks a month. Rancher was too big a saw for me (though I could see getting one) 350 with 18" bar is just fine, and a lot more fun to hold for a day.

That 575 weighs 15 pounds. That's my only objection to it as a saw, but it's a heavy objection! Try holding 15 pounds out at arms length for a few hours.

If you are regularly cutting up 24" trees, that's a different issue
    ----------------------------------------
    Charles

Kubota B3030
    Kubota M59 w/hydro thumb
    Neat stuff - ATI Preseeder, Hydraulic PHD, Wallenstein BX62r Chipper, Millonzi Grapple, CA 4n1 Bucket. Delta Hook Rear QA system.
    Too many other random attachments to list (or to own, per my wife) and a really bad tool addiction. But at least I haven't bought a dump truck or bulldozer. Yet.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    ASV 4810, JD 540 skidder, Barko loader

I would also agree that a 575 is a BIG saw...I'm a professional logger and I typically use a Sthil MS 361 pro saw for 95% of the work I do. I do have a Stihl MS 440 that i use only as a back up or for big hardwoods...

but if you like the size, its a pretty good deal provided its a good running saw...

-TMTS

Platinum Member firefighter9208's Avatar
    Tractor
    2004 Kubota M4800

When comparing the two saws that he is considering, the 575 only weighs 2 pounds more. Of course, 15# is a lot, but wouldn't be bad if you had another saw to limb with.

Chris
    2004 Kubota M4800 with Bushhog M346 Loader with 6' Heavy Duty Bucket and Bale Spear. 6' Bushhog SQ720 Mower, Bushhog RDTH72 Finish Mower. Bushhog 3pth Log Splitter. Andy Tatro Grapple. Home Made 48" pallet forks.

1966 Farmall 140 with cultivators and fertilizer attachment.

1999 F250 LWB Ext. Cab 7.3L Powerstroke, ZF 6 Speed, Chip, Exhaust, Cool Air Intake.

2009 Chevrolet Traverse

1969 Mach1 Mustang 351W. Too much to list.

Tractor
    Timber King TK711

I have a 570 with a 18 inch bar and wish I had the 575 for the extra power. They are both 14.9 pounds. It's my most used saw, I use it all day, no problem. I have a 385xp with a 28 inch bar for the bigger stuff, it seems to be a good combination.

That sounds like a good deal.
    Ted
    2002 Timber King TK711 - Quadco 5660
    2000 Timberjack 608S - Waratah 622
    2012 Komatsu PC160 LC8- Denis Cimaf 125D
    2006 Timberpro 810F - Rotobec Grapple/Saw
    2008 Supertrak 140 CTL-C - FAE Mulch head
    2012 John Deere 332D - Dymax 14" Timberwolf tree shear - Fecon Bull Hog - Davco BC705HS - Ammbusher DL66 - Bradco 72" Brush Cutter - Bradco Root Rake Grapple
    2008 New Holland T5070 - Bush Hog 2715L

TR Landworks, LLC

Platinum Member

If you plan to keep your stihl for lighter jobs and the Huskvarna for the big logs it sound like a nice match. Most of my work is under 12 inches so my Husky 353 with the 18 inch blade is perfect. One thing I don't like about the rancheris it's made in south america (Argentina) not Sweden. Not sure if it makes any difference at all but I just always felt Sweden had a good reputation for buiding good machines.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Case 580C

The 455 Rancher is an overpriced overweight weak saw IMO, if you want a decent new saw look at the Husky 359 instead. The 575 is powerful but heavy. Not a big deal for bucking logs on the ground, but for anything else the weight adds up.

The 372XP is a much better saw than the 575, same power, 2# less. About $700.

You can get a used 372XP for about $400

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast