Husquavarna Used Pro Saw

/ Husquavarna Used Pro Saw #1  

johnnydel29

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 2305
I having my property logged. The Logger mentioned to me that they run thier chainsaws for 1 year and buy brand new ones and sell the 1 year used ones. I am thinking about buying one, my question is, is it worth it?

The saw is a Husky 575XP professional. I cut wood, but not everyday like these guys do. When I do, a few times a month, I cut a lot. I am thinking I would love the HP and reliability of this saw, however, would it be worth buying used for $300.00?? Or, should I just spend an extra $75.00 and get a brand new mid range saw (Husky Rancher).

If there are any loggers out there, I would love to hear your opinion.

/ Husquavarna Used Pro Saw #2  
Here is a comparison of the two. Notice the difference in HP and recommended bar length. Husqvarna Outdoor Power Equipment -

I called my local saw shop and they get $749-$799 for the 575 XP (new). And they have some used ones for $500.00 (gone over)

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Chris

/ Husquavarna Used Pro Saw #3  
Have you considered the weight of the saw and what you will be using it for? :D :D

/ Husquavarna Used Pro Saw
firefighter9208 said:
Here is a comparison of the two. Notice the difference in HP and recommended bar length. Husqvarna Outdoor Power Equipment -

I called my local saw shop and they get $749-$799 for the 575 XP (new). And they have some used ones for $500.00 (gone over)

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Chris

Chris, thanks so much for your feedback. Wow!! that saw goes for that much!! Since I will only be using it to cut up big hardwoods, higher HP is definitely better. I am currently using an older Stilh MS 025, nice little saw, but it is on the verge of getting killed since I started cutting larger hardwood. I definitely need something w/ more hp. I think the Rancher will be fine, even though he says they are used for one year, unless your a pro logger, I will never know how really use the saw is.

I guess 300 bucks is a good deal, however, remeber, he is logging our land and he will probably make it up elseware, if you know what I mean.

/ Husquavarna Used Pro Saw #5  
like egon said, too big a saw is no bargain. I don't have enough info on your use to say, but I'm guessing the Rancher is more than enough, and the pro saw would have you hating life.

I usually cut around 6-10 60' oaks a month. Rancher was too big a saw for me (though I could see getting one) 350 with 18" bar is just fine, and a lot more fun to hold for a day.

That 575 weighs 15 pounds. That's my only objection to it as a saw, but it's a heavy objection! Try holding 15 pounds out at arms length for a few hours.

If you are regularly cutting up 24" trees, that's a different issue

/ Husquavarna Used Pro Saw #6  
I would also agree that a 575 is a BIG saw...I'm a professional logger and I typically use a Sthil MS 361 pro saw for 95% of the work I do. I do have a Stihl MS 440 that i use only as a back up or for big hardwoods...

but if you like the size, its a pretty good deal provided its a good running saw...

-TMTS

/ Husquavarna Used Pro Saw #7  
When comparing the two saws that he is considering, the 575 only weighs 2 pounds more. Of course, 15# is a lot, but wouldn't be bad if you had another saw to limb with.

Chris

/ Husquavarna Used Pro Saw #8  
I have a 570 with a 18 inch bar and wish I had the 575 for the extra power. They are both 14.9 pounds. It's my most used saw, I use it all day, no problem. I have a 385xp with a 28 inch bar for the bigger stuff, it seems to be a good combination.

That sounds like a good deal.

/ Husquavarna Used Pro Saw #9  
If you plan to keep your stihl for lighter jobs and the Huskvarna for the big logs it sound like a nice match. Most of my work is under 12 inches so my Husky 353 with the 18 inch blade is perfect. One thing I don't like about the rancheris it's made in south america (Argentina) not Sweden. Not sure if it makes any difference at all but I just always felt Sweden had a good reputation for buiding good machines.

/ Husquavarna Used Pro Saw #10  
The 455 Rancher is an overpriced overweight weak saw IMO, if you want a decent new saw look at the Husky 359 instead. The 575 is powerful but heavy. Not a big deal for bucking logs on the ground, but for anything else the weight adds up.

The 372XP is a much better saw than the 575, same power, 2# less. About $700.

You can get a used 372XP for about $400