RC100 High Flow Quick Connect

/ RC100 High Flow Quick Connect #1  

Tony Puckett

Tractor
ASV RC 100
I am having a problem with the flat face quick connectors on the high flow hydraulic outlet from my RC100 to the head. The original connector lasted about 300 hours before it started leaking. I replaced both halves, worked fine with no leaks. In just under 10 hours the new connector, bought from a Posi Trac dealer is leaking. Oil and filter have less than 150 hours on them. When you catch some oil in a glass jar it is of good color and does not have any trash or particles in it . Both times that it has started leaking has been after havening the hoses disconnected and then re attaching them. I have a friend who has over 1200 hours on his original connectors, hooks and unhooks them several times weekly all with no problem. I have unhooked mine twice in about 310 hours and it caused a leak both times.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Tony

/ RC100 High Flow Quick Connect #2  
We quit running the quick connect on our machines, sk120 and takeuchi 150 with mulchers. It makes it alittle aggravating but we just run the hose straight to the supply pipe on the boom with no quick connect on both the supply and return and leave the connect on the case drain. When i disconnect my mulchers i use caps on the skid steer boom and plugs for the hoses on the mower. After doing this several times i have gotten to where i dont make a mess and lose minimal oil during the disconnect. Those quick connects get very expensive to replace.
There is another type of flat faced quick connect that will work better and shouldnt wear or leak, but they are more exspensive, alot more, they connect the same way as a normal flat faced connect, but then it has a threaded sleeve that you tighten the male to the female, so you get no vibration damage and keeps the connect tight until you disconnect.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
   / RC100 High Flow Quick Connect
Thanks for the Info. I had come to the same conclusion that it is a vibrations/rubbing problem within the connection. I had also decided to replace the quick connect with a coupling, at least until I could find a better connector or what is wrong with the type I have now.

TP

/ RC100 High Flow Quick Connect #4  
I messed up my couplers once (ok, more than once) when I tilted the head too far forward and the hoses pulled on them. Other than that, I don't know.

/ RC100 High Flow Quick Connect #5  
If you seldom use a bucket i would join the hoses with a male/male nipple as i used to do on my flail mower . You will be supprised at how much better the head will perform , as even the good connectors impede the flow .

/ RC100 High Flow Quick Connect
As I don't even own a bucket, I am looking for a used one thought, I will join the hoses with a connector. Mine are 3/4 thread with an "O" ring seal at the base of the threads. I have to figure out some way to get something to rotate because I can't turn the machine or the head round and round to screw them together. I plan to pay a visit to the local hydraulic repair show this afternoon to see what he may have.

TP

/ RC100 High Flow Quick Connect #7  
The best performance for the mulcher would to be take the whole quick connect block off and mate the hoses up directly. Less restrictions and heat.