Veteran Member GreatWhitehunter's Avatar
    Tractor
    JD 110 TLB

Default Hammer question

Can the hydralic hammers used on skid steers and mini excavator be used to break rock? I have alarge rock on my front yard I'd like to relocate. I don't want to drill it and use dexapan. Tipping it over into a hole isn't an option. I've taken a hammer and chisel to it before and it breaks fairly easily. So I was thinking of renting a track skid steer and hammer and going at it for a weekend. Thanks in advance for the replys.

Matt T.
    Deere 110 TLB, Load Trail Low Pro Dump trailer, 2500HD Duramax, Kawasaki 4010 Mule

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1998 nh tc21d

Default Re: Hammer question

It will take longer to unload the machine off of the trailer than demo the rock.
    they work well. An electric jackhammer may do well also with less damage to property.

Brad
    TC21D HYDRO R4S, AND TURFS , Woods LS84 FEL, NH 914A 60"MMM, HF QUICK HITCH, LEINBACH RB

I may not play the game, however I always know the final score.

Veteran Member GreatWhitehunter's Avatar
    Tractor
    JD 110 TLB

Default Re: Hammer question

So I should be able to split the rock into managable pieces? So I can move them with my tractor? The hammer will suffer no damage as a result of rock?
    All the hammers I've looked at talk about concrete but don't mention rock. I'd hate to waste the money on the rental and damage the hammer to boot.

Matt T.
    Deere 110 TLB, Load Trail Low Pro Dump trailer, 2500HD Duramax, Kawasaki 4010 Mule