Tractor
    PT1445/Cat307 Excavator/komatsu WA180 Wheel Loader/cat D3C/Deere 244J

Default Skidsteer attachment vs loader attachment

On these small wheel loaders I am looking at most of them are available with either a skidsteer attachment plate or a loader pin type quick attach. One of the magazines I have read said to stay away from the skidsteer type because it is not heavy enough for the small loaders. It would seem that the skidsteer type would have the edge on versatility of attachments ( I do not currently own any of that type) but the loader pin types look a lot stronger. Also the buckets seem a lot more heavy duty, thicker plates etc. Any thoughts from people that have used both types? The skiidsteer units seem to be used on machines as heavy and with more horsepower than the loaders I am looking at.

Thanks
    Paul

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2615 4WD, Ferriz 1500Z ZTR, Craftsman GT5000

Default Re: Skidsteer attachment vs loader attachment

SkidSteer is really easy to hook up take off. Much easier than the pins.

However you are limited by your loader capacity. Common sense goes a long way in deciding what you can use.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
    -Gerald Ford