Need advice - I think I need a compact track

/ Need advice - I think I need a compact track #41  
OK... understand... been there..seen that.

I had some of the same problem.... your ideas may vary, but here's what worked for me.

basal spray for the easy to get to stem stuff

foliar spray for the dense stuff

LOOOONNNNGGGG hose to take into the dense stuff and spray the foliage.. hand sprayer... aim into the air from UPWIND.... and let breeze carry spray onto foliage beyond reach of your hose.

Do this all around the edges of the thick mott... wait for 1-2 weeks so you can see where you went because leaves are looking poorly.

Go back thru getting new stuff... maybe wind is in different direction and you can get different trees.

Next year you should be able to get further into the thicket and do the same thing.

Took me 4 to 6 years to get all the way thru some of the dense areas... but now there are NO mesquites of any size on the place.

/ Need advice - I think I need a compact track #42  
Could you get aircraft tires (30 + plys) for the 5525 and run a Brown Brush Monitor spraying the herbicide that kills the trees. It sprays under the mower deck. Tires/wheels would run about 5K and the mower would run about 9K and some rear shielding for the tractor and you are in business. This way you could do 6 ft wide strips at a time and just use a nurse tank for refills.

I am sure glad we do not have Mesquite in SC.

/ Need advice - I think I need a compact track
Turkeyman said:
Could you get aircraft tires (30 + plys) for the 5525 and run a Brown Brush Monitor spraying the herbicide that kills the trees. It sprays under the mower deck. Tires/wheels would run about 5K and the mower would run about 9K and some rear shielding for the tractor and you are in business. This way you could do 6 ft wide strips at a time and just use a nurse tank for refills.

I am sure glad we do not have Mesquite in SC.

How big a tree will that thing handle?

D.

/ Need advice - I think I need a compact track #44  
The brush monitor is a Brown 672 mower rated at 6" trees. The mower will cut bigger trees but not for 2000 hrs a year. Toby Sexton Co., sells the tires and they are sturdy and Big. Send me a PM and I will forward you a picture of a 5325 with the tires on it.

/ Need advice - I think I need a compact track
Turkeyman said:
The brush monitor is a Brown 672 mower rated at 6" trees. The mower will cut bigger trees but not for 2000 hrs a year. Toby Sexton Co., sells the tires and they are sturdy and Big. Send me a PM and I will forward you a picture of a 5325 with the tires on it.

That sounds like one serious mower.

D.

/ Need advice - I think I need a compact track #46  
It is a serious mower and their Tree Cutter is rated for 8" trees. Google -Brown Tree Cutter. I use their 5' model.