Airman AX15 mini excavator

/ Airman AX15 mini excavator #1  

gp1200x

Bronze Member
I recently bought a small mini-excavator. Cheap and everything appears to work but I have too much slop in the 18" bucket...pins are worn and they were not greased properly. I'm in NY..anyone know of a good machine shop in the neighboring area or states that works on replacement pins and bushings? Don't really want to work myself unless I have too. Shaft seems to come off pretty easily for transport. Bucket in good shape but it also appears to have slop in it's bushings too. What's the best course of repair? Do they make sleeves for these things or oversize bushings with the holes redrilled? Thanks

/ Airman AX15 mini excavator #2  
Well, New York is a rather large state. Any chance you could narrow down where abouts in New York you are? There is no sense in me telling you about the machine shops here if you are on Long Island.

But just about any basic machine shop should be able to do the work you require. You might want to look for a smaller shop that deals with more private work as the larger shops deal with a lot of goverment contracts so they are usually very busy.

/ Airman AX15 mini excavator
I am in Dutchess County NY. I am really looking for a shop that does this kind of work (knows what they are doing) at a reasonable rate.
I don't mind paying if it will last for years and I can keep it greased. Someone recommended replacing the entire end which seemed drastic but not out of the question if the end is too worn. I would think new sleeves or bushings and pins would work if they can be obtained.

Thanks