Default Case 680CK Backhoe/Loader

I am looking at a 1968 Case 650CK. It has a backhoe and a bucket loader on it. It is in pretty good shape. It is a 4 cylinder diesel engine. He said that either the glow plugs didnt work or it didnt have them. but it starts up on starting fluid and runs great. Most the hydraulic hoses look new. I am going to go look at it tomarrow night. He is asking $6700 for it. Here are some pics of it. Let me know what you think. And if you know the weight of the tractor with the loader and backhoe and the hp of it please let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -backhoe-013-jpg   -backhoe-014-jpg   -backhoe-015-jpg   -backhoe-016-jpg  
    Kubota B6000 48" Bucket
    48" Back Blade
    48" York Rake
    Leinbach Post Hole Digger 9" 12" Bits
    And A PTO REVERSER WOOOT

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 1050 2wd, Case 580D 2wd

Default Re: Case 680CK Backhoe/Loader

Could be low compression causing the hard start.

Engine in the later ones was model 336. I'm not sure on the earlier ones.

Equipment parts source and brokentractor.com/ should offer some clues as to parts costs.
    Scott

Tractor
    MF 5435, MF 165

If you get this machine & are interested, I just scrapped one that had a hole in the block. I have 4 new engine cylinder kits & Gasket sets, Service manuals, Power Steering pumps and some other misc stuff. I'd give you a heck of a deal on to save me another trip to othe scrap yard.

Well I went and looked at it last night. I will just say this thing is in good shape. Steering is tight. Rams look really good. The tach on the dash says 178 hours but IDK if it has ever been changed and the kid that owns it now said the hour meter does work. The backhoe and loader both work very good. Has a 6 foot bucket on the front and 24" on the back. Teeth on bucket are bad but he has the new tips for them. It has what I think it called shuttle shift. Has the foward-N-reverse lever on the steering and stick on the ground for granny gear/low/high gears. Brakes work very good. backhoe and loader pick the tractor right off the ground and the backhoe arms lift it off the ground too with no problem. I think I found my tractor if the kid ever calls me back :-)
    Kubota B6000 48" Bucket
    48" Back Blade
    48" York Rake
    Leinbach Post Hole Digger 9" 12" Bits
    And A PTO REVERSER WOOOT

I am interested in a ring and pinnion for a 680ck. You can reply to Emo. Email is jradcliff@netsurfusa.com