Case 680CK Backhoe/Loader

/ Case 680CK Backhoe/Loader #1  

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Bronze Member
I am looking at a 1968 Case 650CK. It has a backhoe and a bucket loader on it. It is in pretty good shape. It is a 4 cylinder diesel engine. He said that either the glow plugs didnt work or it didnt have them. but it starts up on starting fluid and runs great. Most the hydraulic hoses look new. I am going to go look at it tomarrow night. He is asking $6700 for it. Here are some pics of it. Let me know what you think. And if you know the weight of the tractor with the loader and backhoe and the hp of it please let me know.

Attachments

• Backhoe 013.jpg
    Backhoe 013.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 2,558
  • Backhoe 014.jpg
    Backhoe 014.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,514
  • Backhoe 015.jpg
    Backhoe 015.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,273
  • Backhoe 016.jpg
    Backhoe 016.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,140
   / Case 680CK Backhoe/Loader #2  
Could be low compression causing the hard start.

Engine in the later ones was model 336. I'm not sure on the earlier ones.

Equipment parts source and brokentractor.com/ should offer some clues as to parts costs.

/ Case 680CK Backhoe/Loader #3  
If you get this machine & are interested, I just scrapped one that had a hole in the block. I have 4 new engine cylinder kits & Gasket sets, Service manuals, Power Steering pumps and some other misc stuff. I'd give you a heck of a deal on to save me another trip to othe scrap yard.

/ Case 680CK Backhoe/Loader
Well I went and looked at it last night. I will just say this thing is in good shape. Steering is tight. Rams look really good. The tach on the dash says 178 hours but IDK if it has ever been changed and the kid that owns it now said the hour meter does work. The backhoe and loader both work very good. Has a 6 foot bucket on the front and 24" on the back. Teeth on bucket are bad but he has the new tips for them. It has what I think it called shuttle shift. Has the foward-N-reverse lever on the steering and stick on the ground for granny gear/low/high gears. Brakes work very good. backhoe and loader pick the tractor right off the ground and the backhoe arms lift it off the ground too with no problem. I think I found my tractor if the kid ever calls me back :)

/ Case 680CK Backhoe/Loader #6  
If you get this machine & are interested, I just scrapped one that had a hole in the block. I have 4 new engine cylinder kits & Gasket sets, Service manuals, Power Steering pumps and some other misc stuff. I'd give you a heck of a deal on to save me another trip to othe scrap yard.

Hello MFRED,

I own a 680CK - C and saw you had some spare parts. Do you still have any of them? It's been over 8 years I see, so I am late to the game!

Thanks,
Alex.

/ Case 680CK Backhoe/Loader #7  
What kinda prices you have on your 680 parts... give me examples...like Air Brake chambers ... throttle cable... just to name a few....lol