Chinese diesel generator?

/ Chinese diesel generator? #21  
Chances are there are a lot of RV's out there with LP Onan generators. :D

One site site that describes a slow speed diesel generator. :D

Listeroids

/ Chinese diesel generator? #22  
I tried to get my Petrol genny to run on LPG but it would just stop after about an hour , i never found out why .

A couple of thoughts. On a small bottle of lpg it can "freeze" up not allowing the gas to escape. LPG is nice for a standby generator due to the storage of LPG, Gas and diesel need stabilizers and additives to keep for extended periods and different weather conditions. Also, with LPG a carbureted engine doesn't have to be run dry to keep the carb from shellacing.

/ Chinese diesel generator? #24  
My Dear Watson , i think you have solved the mystery . An orifice has frozen over and stopped the flow . Good work .

I had this same problem trying to heat a house trailer in Northern Michigan with a 60# bottle of propane. I had to keep warming up the regulator to keep the gas flowing.

/ Chinese diesel generator?
So help me out here. Take 5 gal of gas and lets say for simple figureing $4 a gal. $20. ( sometimes its a little less) and a jug of propane , like the one you use on a barbcue grill, that you can get at the 7-11 stores for say $20. (actual about $17. Which will run longer on the $20 of fuel and about how much longer? Or a small diesel gen the same size. (still $4 a gal)

/ Chinese diesel generator? #26  
Hi! I have two 10 hp (Dek-diesel (China Yanmar clones)) They take about one liter hour at about 2500 rpm For Generator may be 1.5 liter hour. Engine must turn 3600 rpm for 60 cycles or 3000 for 50 cycles. Very fast for diesel . China diesel are good. But Lombardini or Yanmar are a lot better. I think Lp gas cost can be lower because less tax. Good luck ! Oldmech

/ Chinese diesel generator? #27  
Our Diesel genny runs around 1 litre per hour . The standby Petrol genny runs between 2.5-3 litres per hour . So an eight hour day charging our house batteries cost's $14 in Diesel @ $1.75 per litre and it costs $37.20 in Petrol @ $1.55 per litre .

/ Chinese diesel generator? #28  
ironhorse, how do you go getting parts for the kde? one of my mates was looking at one and asked me what i thought - i replied that i could identify a parts supplier therefore duck and weave imho.

/ Chinese diesel generator? #29  
Parts are a bit of a problem here in OZ because the importers are low volume and don't carry a lot of spares . But in saying that most of the different brands are similar and in the case of the burnt out regulator i spoke of earlier , i sourced one from a different brand and it fitted straight in . Rings and bearings would not be hard to get for the engine and the genny could be rewound easily so getting out of trouble is not hard if you use your head .

/ Chinese diesel generator? #30  
I bought a couple of the enclosed ones , 1x6kw and a 12kw . The 12 has a 3 cyl Daihatsu Diesel and is great except it runs @ 3000 rpm . With the power of the engine it should only run at 1500 rpm but the 2 pole generator is cheap for the Chinese to buy . The oil leaks on the single cylinder ones you guys are speaking of are easily fixed . It is the cheap 'O' ring that is fitted to the removable screen at the bottom of the crank case (black elongated plastic cap held in with 1 bolt) Fit a good quality one and the problem is gone . Also the ehaust manifold bolts come loose and the escaping hot gases burn the two wires going to the regulator which shorts the reg out . You need to remove the soundproof cover to tighten them . Ive had a good run from them , they are KDE brand , also the Honda clone pumps by Sinopower are exelent as well .

What should i expect to pay for one of these 6k gens or similar