Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    122
    Location
    Cleveland, Georgia
    Tractor
    None yet

    Default KUBOTA CTL, what do you think?

    No specs, just picture found on net.

    I'm a big kubota fan, so I like what I see so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KUBOTA CTL, what do you think?-kubota-ctl-picture.jpg  

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: KUBOTA CTL, what do you think?

    looks heavy, but nothing great. I expected more from them. Bobcat is coming out with a new design, new arms , cab, completly new

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: KUBOTA CTL, what do you think?

    where did you find the pic?

  4. #4
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    185
    Location
    Illinois

    Default Re: KUBOTA CTL, what do you think?

    It was on another site... but the thread on that site has since been deleted. I'd expect the same of this one (so grab the picture and POST POST POST while you can!)
    Opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Caterpillar, Inc. or Bobcat Company, both of which are copyrighted trademarks of their respective companies.

  5. #5
    Platinum Member EquipmentJunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    534
    Location
    SE PA
    Tractor
    Ford 1520

    Default Re: KUBOTA CTL, what do you think?

    Hmmm...I'm with mdterp. Appears like over-the-shoulder visibility in the kubota leaves a lot to be desired.

    I like the looks of the new Cat CTLs. I have never run an easier-to-operate skid steer than a C-series Cat.
    If it has wheels and an engine, you have my attention.

  6. #6
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: KUBOTA CTL, what do you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by mdterp View Post
    looks heavy, but nothing great. I expected more from them. Bobcat is coming out with a new design, new arms , cab, completly new
    I've been told the the new Bobcats will no longer have a transverse mounted engine and like you said new loader arms and cab.

  7. #7
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    586
    Location
    Connecticut
    Tractor
    BX2360/ Kubota SVL90-2/ Kobelco 115SR/ Kubota 161-3

    Default Re: KUBOTA CTL, what do you think?

    Looks like a nice big operator station, too bad they aren't going to equip them with cab enclosures at first. Other than that though, it looks like a nice machine.
    If it has anything to do with diesel, dirt, and shiny things, I'm interested....

  8. #8
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    720
    Location
    Georgia

    Default Re: KUBOTA CTL, what do you think?

    The reason there are not alot of pictures is there are only two tractors in existance. The two prototypes. I have seen the brochures and they are most similar to the New holland and Bobcat. Very wide, if I recall 77"wide on the tracks. They have two sizes, a 75h.p. and a 90h.p.. As of now no A/C but the kubota guys at the show said that was the easy thing to add. So he thought they would address that before delivery. They will not even be delivered until Sept of next summer!!
    I even think there is a high flow option on the bigger unit already.

    Now on the Bobcat. A redesign is not so good. It will take into the second year of the new design for customers to trust something new. But it will be good to see what they come up with. I have said it before, the first one over 100h.hp. will rule the mulcher market. Maybe Bobcat will listen. I would like about 115 h.p. with 40 gpm @ 4500 psi, and I would like fries and a drink!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Robbie Hegwood
    404-379-5897

  9. #9
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    185
    Location
    Illinois

    Default Re: KUBOTA CTL, what do you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Hegwood View Post
    It will take into the second year of the new design for customers to trust something new.
    My suspicion is that Bobcat's been working on the large-frame models for a while now, even if it's their smaller machines that are the oldest (remember that the S175 comes from the 773G series, which, in 2009, will be a ten-year old platform! The S250 and S300 and such didn't arrive until 2001 or 2002). The picture that I saw of a tarped track loader is from over a year ago -- so if Bobcat's releasing soon, which I'm assuming they are, these loaders have been working somewhere for about as long.

    My guess is [that this represents] a monumental change for Bobcat.
    Opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Caterpillar, Inc. or Bobcat Company, both of which are copyrighted trademarks of their respective companies.

  10. #10
    Silver Member WestshoreConstruction's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    247
    Location
    The Great white North

    Default Re: KUBOTA CTL, what do you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Hegwood View Post
    The reason there are not alot of pictures is there are only two tractors in existance. The two prototypes. I have seen the brochures and they are most similar to the New holland and Bobcat. Very wide, if I recall 77"wide on the tracks. They have two sizes, a 75h.p. and a 90h.p.. As of now no A/C but the kubota guys at the show said that was the easy thing to add. So he thought they would address that before delivery. They will not even be delivered until Sept of next summer!!
    I even think there is a high flow option on the bigger unit already.

    Now on the Bobcat. A redesign is not so good. It will take into the second year of the new design for customers to trust something new. But it will be good to see what they come up with. I have said it before, the first one over 100h.hp. will rule the mulcher market. Maybe Bobcat will listen. I would like about 115 h.p. with 40 gpm @ 4500 psi, and I would like fries and a drink!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Its Coming Robbie don't worry, don't you worry. I'm gonna have one of the first
    Mulchers 100-600 Hp, Dozers, Excavators, Trucks, and a bunch of other stuff that cost me money every day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.