skid steer high flow

/ skid steer high flow #1  

rtdiggr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1433v
Just wondering if anyone knows if you can add high flow hydraulics to a skid steer.
I don't own a SS yet just wondering if this was possible.

Tks Shane

/ skid steer high flow #2  
I think you would be better of buying one that already has the high flow pump...lots of cheap ones around these days...

a retro fit would be pretty expensive...

my .02 worth, eh...

/ skid steer high flow #3  
I guess if you want to you can do anything but adding high flow seems like more trouble than it is worth when you can buy them. Not only do you have to change the pump but you would also have to add a bunch of plumbing since high flow machines have 5 quick couplers and I think you would have to add the switch to select between high and low flow.

now you got 4 cents.

/ skid steer high flow #4  
for a bobcat yes it is possible tho not perhaps practicable, involves pump, plumbing, electrics etc. and pricey!

my service guys got a tad nervous when i asked them this same question inc pricing (about 10k as a rough guide locally)...

bobcat do not use 5 hoses coincidentally cb, though I understand the hoses used are a different diameter to the std flow hoses even though the couplers are same same.

a better question to ask is what do you really need hiflo for? perhaps if its for some wishlist of attachments in the future it might be better to use a std flow in the interim and change out to a hiflo if and when you prove a need.

remember what the large frame bobcats spit out on std flow which is slightly more than what a S205 hiflo will give you. maybe a large frame wil suffice unless you desire the full monty.

i can safely report a soil conditioner works far better in hiflo on a S185 than on std flow but only cause the drum spins faster and thereby seems to stall less.

my std flow 72" soil conditioner is rated to slightly above medium frame hiflo specs and the 7 pin detects the hiflo option on the 185 and automatically engages hiflo for you.

/ skid steer high flow
Thanks for the responses guys, like i said i don't have a skid steer yet. What i was looking at was a ASV and it seems untill you get into a bigger machine with ASV you don't get the hiflow.

What i understand about SS attachments is if it turns [stump grinder, trencher etc] you should use hiflow. I did use a ASV 60 with trencher att. it took hours to do what i had to do.

I use to be the guy who would buy something then upgrade, not so much anymore. And i don't want to buy a machine like this and upgrade later.

Tks Shane

/ skid steer high flow #6  
Part of the reason that the smaller machines don't come hi-flow is just that...they are small...they don't have the space for the larger hydraulics or the engine power to pump them...

/ skid steer high flow
Part of the reason that the smaller machines don't come hi-flow is just that...they are small...they don't have the space for the larger hydraulics or the engine power to pump them...

Although i agree with the statement there are machines out there with hiflow that are in and around the 60hp range.

Shane

/ skid steer high flow #9  
Ya, I think I know bout 60 horses and high flow.....came from CAT that way but i believe they are a package added after dropped at the dealer..??...Anyway-works fine.....Just a beatch to clean out!...

/ skid steer high flow #10  
i have a s185 hiflo, 61hp, about 60 lpm std flo and 100lpm hiflo and supplied that way ex factory.

100lpm = 26gpm give or take. hydraulic hp available theoretically at 3300 psi and 26 gpm = about 50hp. at 3000 psi 45hp. i cannot remember off the top of my head what pressure the 185 puts out but i suspect its 3000 psi.

a few basic scientific laws tells me that if you suck out 50hp for hydraulics on a 61hp machine you just aint got a whole lot left for anything else...