Replacement radiator for ASV RC 100

/ Replacement radiator for ASV RC 100 #1  

AX MAN

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7010 4wd
After 30 min. of running my hyd. oil light is glowing and 15 min later the water is bumping 220. I stop a few minutes, run a few minutes. I hate it.
My radiator is clean and filters are new. It doesn't help. The fins on the outside of radiator are folded over pretty bad. I have no idea why.
A new one from my dealer is $2000.00 plus tax.

/ Replacement radiator for ASV RC 100 #2  
Ax, could it be something other than a radiator?...thermostat/waterpump/overheating hydraulic fluid or cooler?

bent fins will slow airflow but i doubt it would be enough to overheat it...unless they are completely folded over and full of underbrush debris that you cant see...

just a thought....

/ Replacement radiator for ASV RC 100 #3  
They make a tool to straighten the "fins " on the core. You also might want to check the inside of the core to make sure the tubes are not pluged up with hard water deposits. Also is the fan belt tightened properly. You can recore a semi truck for $2000.00 they are a little to proud of that radiator so I check every thing before replacing it.

/ Replacement radiator for ASV RC 100
Ax, could it be something other than a radiator?...thermostat/waterpump/overheating hydraulic fluid or cooler?

bent fins will slow airflow but i doubt it would be enough to overheat it...unless they are completely folded over and full of underbrush debris that you cant see...

just a thought....

It is possible, I never considered the thermostat. the hydraulic cooler and radiator seem to be the same. I'm very grateful for any suggestions and Thank You to every one in advance for your help. BAD AXE FORESTRY MOWING.

They make a tool to straighten the "fins " on the core. You also might want to check the inside of the core to make sure the tubes are not pluged up with hard water deposits. Also is the fan belt tightened properly. You can recore a semi truck for $2000.00 they are a little to proud of that radiator so I check every thing before replacing it.

I will check the belt this morning, Thanks.

/ Replacement radiator for ASV RC 100 #6  
Sounds like you have a check valve problem my friend had the same problem on his 05

If you talk with your friend. Ask where the check valve is located.
Merry Christmas To All !! BAD AXE FORESTRY MOWING

/ Replacement radiator for ASV RC 100 #8  
AX Man

I have the same problem with both my Cat Skid Steers.

The hydraulic fans produce enough pressure against the fins to bend them over with constant Wide open throttle use. Every 12 to 15 months I have to remove the radiators and send them to a radiator shop to have the fins realigned. The process requires a technician to physically bend each fin so that it is straight again. He uses two small screw drivers, one to apply pressure to the back of the fin, and on to bend the fin straight. It takes about 10 hours and costs $300.00 only because the shop owner is one of my customers. After straightening the fins he thoroughly cleans the radiator inside and out. PM me and I'll give you his number. He is located in Milledgeville, GA.

On another subject, I have advertised both my Ambusher DL-66 and My G2 Carbide Cutter in the Classifieds. My CAt 268- B burned a couple of weeks ago and I think the Ins. Company is going to total it.

/ Replacement radiator for ASV RC 100 #9  
As allready mentioned , you can buy a "Radiator Comb" , give it a Google . It is a comb made out of Nylon with a handle . It has six sides for different pitch fins . You simply run it from the top to the bottom and it straightens the fins in one pass .

As also stated it sounds like your hydraulic oil is cavitating , which will make your oil hot . As you said the oil temp light comes on before the water temp goes full scale , i would think it would not be a water cooling issue but rather an oil cooling issue .

/ Replacement radiator for ASV RC 100 #10  
Check the release valve on the side of the pump