ASV SR80 rear lights not working

/ ASV SR80 rear lights not working #1  

biggziff

Silver Member
Tractor
2015 Kioti CK4010HST
Just did some plowing tonight with my SR80 and noticed the rear halogen lights are not working. Fronts work fine, fuses and relays are all good. Anyone have any thoughts?

/ ASV SR80 rear lights not working #2  
How can you be sure the relays are good? Have you tried swapping them? Also swap the fuse to be sure. Has anyone removed the diode? If you happen to flip it, it causes some strange problems. Check your assumptions. The more serious problem is the wiring harness.

jmf

/ ASV SR80 rear lights not working #3  
might also look at the bulbs...have seen them crack in cold weather (especially when wet) due to the temp difference

/ ASV SR80 rear lights not working
How can you be sure the relays are good? Have you tried swapping them? Also swap the fuse to be sure. Has anyone removed the diode? If you happen to flip it, it causes some strange problems. Check your assumptions. The more serious problem is the wiring harness.

jmf

There is one relay for the lights and one fuse. If the fronts are working, I'm assuming the relay is fine as well as the fuse (i did visually inspect it to be sure). Last year, I had the relay for the safety interlock (seatbelt) stop working. When I called ASV, they said they have had some issues with the relays and sent me some extras. It's 14 degrees here right now so I'm not very motivated to tear into it, but the rear light assembly is only held on with 6 bolts so that will be the first place I look.

What diode are you referring to?

Thanks for the reply

might also look at the bulbs...have seen them crack in cold weather (especially when wet) due to the temp difference

Ya, that's the obvious answer and I hope the correct one!! While plowing I really missed those lights. I plow several driveways and a small stretch of road as well as some woods roads and lighting is key as I'm usually plowing at night.

thanks

/ ASV SR80 rear lights not working #6  
Most of the relays are the same. Pull one out and replace the one in the light socket. If you don't know where the diode is you probably didn't pull it out. It is a funny looking fuse because it is not, it is longer and at the bottom of the fuse panel. It looks like a fuse but cannot be turned (even though it will fit if you pull it out and plug it in backwards).

jmf

Most of the relays are the same. Pull one out and replace the one in the light socket. If you don't know where the diode is you probably didn't pull it out. It is a funny looking fuse because it is not, it is longer and at the bottom of the fuse panel. It looks like a fuse but cannot be turned (even though it will fit if you pull it out and plug it in backwards).

jmf

The relay provides power through one terminal. If it were bad, none of the lights would work. I don't have a schematic for the SR80 so I can't confirm there is only one lighting circuit.

/ ASV SR80 rear lights not working #8  
Okay, it looks like the front and rear lamps use the same fuse and relay. Look for a plug designated "P39" that the rear lights plug into, it is the first plug as you trace forward towards the fuse box from the lamps. (If you have the MP2 cab with beacon and air conditioning, etc., it will be the 1st common connector). It may be unplugged.

jmf

Last edited:
No wiper and no beacon, but I did find this:

wiring1.jpg

wiring3.jpg

All fixed up now. Freaking little rodents.....

Okay, it looks like the front and rear lamps use the same fuse and relay. Look for a plug designated "P39" that the rear lights plug into, it is the first plug as you trace forward towards the fuse box from the lamps. (If you have the MP2 cab with beacon and air conditioning, etc., it will be the 1st common connector). It may be unplugged.

jmf

/ ASV SR80 rear lights not working #10  
The P38 is the Beacon circuit. The P39 is the light circuit.

jmf