Can someone identify this part and help me figure out how to fix it?

/ Can someone identify this part and help me figure out how to fix it? #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
Hi everyone. I detached the bucket from my Bobcat so I could get a better look at this on my Bobcat today. I'm not 100% sure as to what this piece is called... I tried searching but came up with nothing.

Where the hydraulic cylinder attaches to this plate appears to be worn - I'm not sure if its the metal piece, or just the pin, or maybe both.

Also, the plate can move side to side slightly - it looks like there are some shims in between the plate and the boom - does that sound right?

What happens is since there is some space in between the pin and the "walls" of where the pin contacts, so when I'm trying to scrape the ground with the bucket, it'll move around some.

I'm learning how to do some maintenance on my Bobcat and would like to fix this. Do I need to replace the pin, the whole metal piece, or something else?

Is my dealer the place to go for these parts, or can I get them cheaper online?

Thanks for any advise.

Hopefully the attached pics will help.

Dennis

SN850297.jpg

SN850298.jpg

SN850299.jpg

SN850300.jpg

/ Can someone identify this part and help me figure out how to fix it? #2  
Take it apart and see what is worn... Usually one part is made to wear, like the pin. Sometimes the pin is hardened, and bronze bushings are installed.

If you take it apart you should be able to see, and or measure what the wear is.

/ Can someone identify this part and help me figure out how to fix it? #3  
Either your pin or the sleeve it rotates in is worn out, probably from a lack of maintenance (grease). If its just the pin its an easy fix. If its the sleeve is worn out it needs to be cut out and a new one welded or driven in place. Your pin has a hole (where you have wire going thru) that is supposed to be held in place with a bolt. It appears your original bolt broke off. You should drill out the broken bolt, re tap the threads and install a new one to hold the pin in place. Your second pic shows the grease fitting in the center of the pin. The dealer can supply what you need. Take your pics and show him what you showed us. I think you just need a new pin but can't be sure about the bushing / sleeve.

/ Can someone identify this part and help me figure out how to fix it? #4  
I would remove the attachment plate and replace the worn pins. It looks like it is going to need repair to the bushing bores and removal of the broken bolts. I have repaired pin bores on Cat 953,613 Bobcat863 and JD555.850 by either bore welding and remachining or welding in new bosses. When they are that worn it is impossible grade well with the machine. Maybe you can find a used one from a bone yard.

/ Can someone identify this part and help me figure out how to fix it? #5  
The plate you refer to is known as a Bob-tach, you can install some shims to take up some of the side slop but it needs to be free to move (dont install too many where it will be tight). The picture of the end of the tilt cylinder pin, the bob-tach does look to have some wear to the hole, I would probably replace the pin and the bushing in the cylinder rod and see if that tightened it up to an acceptable level if not a good machine shop can cut the worn hole out and install a new weldment to bring it back to new specs.