Fecon chipper knives

/ Fecon chipper knives #1  

Eric H

Bronze Member
I replaced the normal teeth on my 120 with the newer chipper knives. I ran the machine for about 4 hours today. WOW, there really is a difference with this head. As long as you keep them out of the dirt. I don't want to exaggerate and say they are twice as productive, but there is a noticable improvement in work volume. I think I will be facing wear issues much sooner . But the ease of tooth replacement may offset that. thats the quick report.............

/ Fecon chipper knives #2  
If you keep them out of the dirt and sharpen them daily you should see around 140-160hrs on a set of them....you will really enjoy them and they are very easy to change.

/ Fecon chipper knives #3  
What will the replacement knives cost? I had some on a BH-120 but I was in rocks and that was not a good outcome. I ended up having to install a set of rock teeth (labor only) on the demo machine to get out of buying the set of knives that did not even last a full day. Last time I checked they were running about $22 each but that has been a year ago or more.

/ Fecon chipper knives #4  
$25 per tooth here in the Northeast.

I only got 60 hours out of the 2 sets I have had. I sharpened them 2-3times per day (a good sharpen in the am, then 1-2 quick touch ups). This was in rock free cutting, something I don't normally see.

I would say 30% faster on small and 50% faster on larger trees. Much smaller finished product.

Last edited:
   / Fecon chipper knives
Well we ran for 8 hours today and did about 3 acres of med/heavy peppers. the knives did real well and at the end of the day I checked them. A few nicks but other than that they were in good shape. We did keep them out of the dirt. This is on a bh 120 head pushed by a hydro ax 421.