DENIS CIMAF and Gyro-Trac new relationship

/ DENIS CIMAF and Gyro-Trac new relationship #1  

deniscimafinc

Silver Member
Tractor
Any, as long as there's a DENIS CIMAF head on it ;)
Hi all,

I haven't been active here recently, being caught in many projects at the shop. But I think it's been long enough since I should have posted this.

As some of you already know, the situation between DENIS CIMAF and Gyro-Trac has changed, and the legal fight has been settled mid-December. To avoid any confusion on the market, here are the important points of this settlement that can be disclosed:
  • Gyro-Trac (GT) will have the exclusivity of DENIS CIMAF's (DC) patented technology for front-mount heads in Canada and the US;
  • DC's front-mount models will continue to be available, but only outside Canada and the US;
  • DC will continue to support its customers having front-mount heads (like, selling replacement parts);
  • Excavator-mount models using DC's technology will be manufactured by DC only;
  • GT and DC will be the only two manufacturers allowed to sell replacement blades using DC's patented technology;

Believe me, it was not an easy decision to leave the front-mount market. However, between keeping this market and continuing in Court for many years, or settling under these terms (and others that are confidential) and making the new relationship much less dispute-prone, we felt the second option was the best for the long-term of our business.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer (if I'm allowed... :rolleyes:)

FD

Attachments

• Press Release 20081212 DC vs GT Settlement.pdf
    47.7 KB · Views: 232
   / DENIS CIMAF and Gyro-Trac new relationship #2  
Glad to see this announced to the public...looking forward to the future!!

/ DENIS CIMAF and Gyro-Trac new relationship #3  
while aware of your ongoing legal stoush but not being overly conversant in what was happening for you this sounds pretty bloody stupid.

it seems you are locked out of your 2 major markets.

if it was me i'd stop supporting the stuff and pronto develop the new version that doesn't infringe the patent...

but i guess thats been ruled out.

life of a patent? 14 years isn't it?

/ DENIS CIMAF and Gyro-Trac new relationship #4  
when you think about it...the front mount market is already saturated with companies....loftness, gyro, fae, fecon, magnum, bradco, tushogg, iron wolf, etc etc etc...the economy isnt doing well...sales are down and will stay down until things come back..so why not let everyone else battle it out and cut each others throats in this down time and get back to your roots in the excavator business where there is far less companies competing for the $$$...and for those of you that dont think an excavator mount can produce the same...just take a demo :cool:

what we are doing is focusing down on a smaller target..with less competitors...we have never stood toe to toe and battled it out with anyone price wise because the products are just not the same...and with everyone cutting each others throats on $$ we would be the first to lose because our machines just plain cost more...they are built like tanks....what is happening is not a stupid move...Laurent and Frederic and company haven't been around all this time just existing on luck they know what they are doing..and you never know what may happen in the future ;)