compact articulated loaders

/ compact articulated loaders #11  
I was going to recommend a L20 too but i think its too much machine for want you want to do, and doesnt meet most of your criteria (cost/size)

Have you looked at the Avant 300 (skid) or 500(artic) series? I have no hands on with them, but they seem to meet your requirements in size and capacity. On their site they show some pictures of their bale handling capacity and use on the farm.

It might be worth a look. 300 Series 500

Attachments

http://www.avanttecno.com/web/engmaatal/bestinvest.htm

http://www.avanttecno.com/web/engsales/pdffiles/500englantiwww.pdf

Last edited:
   / compact articulated loaders #12  
Nothing I've found is smaller here in the US (maybe europe?)
I think for 4' wide, you're in skidsteer land
even that's a pretty small skidsteer, probably lift 1200lbs or so

48-55hp

/ compact articulated loaders #13  
Last edited:
   / compact articulated loaders #14  
We do not see that small of equipment around here very often. I wish I could give you some insight on it but about the only thing I can say is see if a dealer or a rental yard has one and try it out.

/ compact articulated loaders
It must be because i draw 10 to 18 ton heavy duty payloaders as a daytime job, but neither the Power Trac nor the Avant can appeal to me.. The German ones, Schaeffer, Weidemann, are my favourites, they just look more thought out... What i also like about the Schaeffer, is that even the smallest ones come with Schaeffer in-house built and developed 7 ton axles !
I think they are a bit more pricey than an Avant, but sitting on the rear frame, gives you a better feel of where you're going on an articulated machine. In the heavy loader market, the concept of a cab on the front frame, is abandoned by all.

Skid steers, i never liked them. NExt to that, i dont see my father wrestle himself into a skidsteer with his bad knees, nor operate one without hitting walls.
The landscape contractor in my area, has one of these mini loaders, and its just a great piece of machinery: fast, nimble and smooth. And its easy to get on and off.

/ compact articulated loaders #16  
The Schaeffer machines are nice too, They look like shrunk down, full size loaders, whereas the Avants have more of a "toy" appearance with alot more plastic to break:eek:. Having been around cows and horses to a lesser extent, i can say they have a remarkable ability to break all but the strongest of materials:D

I can see the advantage of sitting on the front half of the Avants in this size of machine because it keeps you inline with the lift arms and may give you better perspective in close quarters.

The solid axle of the Schaeffer is definitely a selling point. Spec wise the companies offer very similar machines. I dont think you'd make a mistake with either brand, But the Schaeffer may be a little more solid, with a larger engine and more weight for a given class.

/ compact articulated loaders #17  
What about a Power Trac? It seems to fit all your requirements to a "T"

/ compact articulated loaders #18  
   / compact articulated loaders
Given our requirements, a four wheel steer monoboom skidsteer like the JCB Robot might be something: smoother steering, easier to get on and off by my father with bad knees..

I dont have the guts to ask for their price though...

My favourite is this one: http://www.schaeffer-lader.de/en/pages/lader/hoflader/detail/345s_detail.shtml
it has a 1 ton straight tipload, 2 ton weight and its width is about a meter.... :)