How to move disabled NH LS-180?

/ How to move disabled NH LS-180? #1  

GATC35

Gold Member
Fayetteville, Georgia now should be GATC45
Tractor
New Holland TC-45D
I need to get a disabled LS-180 on an equipment trailer. The engine is in need of maintenance and we are moving it to my shop. Is there a way to put the hydraulic drive motors in by-pass? On my Toro ZTR lawn mower you can put the drive motors in bypass by turning a bolt on the drive motor. Does a NH LS-180 skid steer have a similar feature?

Thanks.....

/ How to move disabled NH LS-180?
So would 2 come-a-longs drag it? One on each side with 6,000 lb capacity?

How would you move the boom/bucket if needed?

/ How to move disabled NH LS-180? #4  
So would 2 come-a-longs drag it? One on each side with 6,000 lb capacity?

Pack a lunch.

How would you move the boom/bucket if needed?
Remove the bucket manually, then loosen the hydraulic lines to the boom and raise the boom (you have to lift both front and rear) until you can pin it on the saftey locks. If it DOES NOT have pilot controls, you can sit in the seat with the belt buckled and use the starter to crank the motor while holding the boom control in the raise position until it can be locked. Assuming the motor turns with the starter and the hydraulics are functional.

Pack a lunch.

LOL.............that's what I was afraid of!

The machine was vandalized at a construction site. Starter and injection pump gone. The owner had it moved to his barn where it has sat for the last year. I'm just trying to figure out how to get it home where I have all the resources to fix it.. I have a NH TC-45D with a 16LA front end loader but that will only lift 2,200 lbs. If my memory serves me correct the LS-180 weights around 7000 to 8000 lbs. I wanted to move it myself to save some $$$. I'll need the $$$ to buy a new injection pump.

Rick, thanks for all your help.

Mark

/ How to move disabled NH LS-180? #7  
i believe you can get that pump from another source other than NH they will want a fortune for one. its basically a bosch rotary pump i think, or maybe it is.

/ How to move disabled NH LS-180? #8  
Push it ,pull it , you will need a larger machine. Pull the pins on the boom cyls. (less mess) A jack or a block at the rear is a must or it will just tipback. best of luck:cool:

Thanks to all that replied. The machine was in such bad shape I passed on it. It needed starter, injection pump, tires and wheels, and a seat. Since I could not hear the engine run I passed on it.

Thanks again!

Last edited: