ASV rc-30 --- ran over bump, engine sputters and dies

/ ASV rc-30 --- ran over bump, engine sputters and dies #1  

queen of spades

Silver Member
Earlier today while clearing brush, I ran over a bump and the engine started cutting out.. A moment later it died. It would start up for a second or two the first couple of tries, then it wouldn't start at all.

The machine ran fine all day on the same tank of gas (more than half a tank still left). I've bled/primed the lines but it didn't help. Checked for loose wires - everything seems to be OK. It is a Caterpillar 3-cylinder (ASV track loader).

Any suggestions?

/ ASV rc-30 --- ran over bump, engine sputters and dies #2  
Earlier today while clearing brush, I ran over a bump and the engine started cutting out.. A moment later it died. It would start up for a second or two the first couple of tries, then it wouldn't start at all.

The machine ran fine all day on the same tank of gas (more than half a tank still left). I've bled/primed the lines but it didn't help. Checked for loose wires - everything seems to be OK. It is a Caterpillar 3-cylinder (ASV track loader).

Any suggestions?

Same thing happens with my DTA466, except it happens when I go around a sharp curve once in a while. I'm getting air from somewhere.

I think you're sucking up air somewhere. I just keep pumping the primer handle and cranking until it restarts.

I'm going to replace my fuel lines first, then go from there. Have you checked your fuel lines for a loose clamp or possibly a fuel line that is not pushed all the way on tank, pump, etc?

/ ASV rc-30 --- ran over bump, engine sputters and dies #3  
Might try to take off the fuel pick up line from the tank & blow back through it!! My rc-100 will do that when trash gets down to the pick up just before coming up into the rubber fuel line!