My last question on Kubota 161 is 12 inch or 16 inch bucket!!!

/ My last question on Kubota 161 is 12 inch or 16 inch bucket!!! #1  

millpond

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC 55 DA
When I rented the 161 I got a 16 inch bucket, what they had, I thought it was kinda nice to have the extra fill when I was building a few logging roads, but should I get the 12 inch for stumping and obviously keep the 24 on when working on the woods roads..?:)

/ My last question on Kubota 161 is 12 inch or 16 inch bucket!!! #2  
I have a 12, 24, so and 36.

The 12 and the 24 never get used.

If I had it to do over I would get an 18, 30 and a 48" clean out bucket.
The 12 is longer than the other buckets and has less leverage.It also has no protection for the quick attach pin and it knocks the pin out often.
I stump with my 30 most of the time.

If want to talk to me about my experiences with my machine pm me and I will give you my number.

/ My last question on Kubota 161 is 12 inch or 16 inch bucket!!! #3  
I have a 24" skeleton bucket, a 24" digging bucket, a 36" hydro tilt clean-up bucket and a ripper tooth.

The ripper works good for stumps, but someday I would like a 12" for small trenches and stumping as well. The ripper does a number on roots and frost though, depends on what you plan to do.

/ My last question on Kubota 161 is 12 inch or 16 inch bucket!!! #4  
The 12 is longer than the other buckets and has less leverage.It also has no protection for the quick attach pin and it knocks the pin out often.
I stump with my 30 most of the time.

Good to know about the 12" problems! Thanks.

I have an 18 and 30. The only time I've used the 18 was for trenching for a water line. I thought a 12" would have been better but the 18" wasn't really a problem.

I've done a couple of pretty good sized stumps with the 30".

Ken