Terex?

/ Terex? #1  

TRO

Tractor
Kubota L3560, John Deere 260 Skid Steer, John Deere 85D excavator
Anyone have experience with Terex 860 tractor backhoe? I am thinking of buying a 2004 extend-a-hoe with 500 hrs. The machine is very clean, it is a bank repo and I can get it for $24,500. I have been looking at used Cat 416 and JD 310 but most are trashed for the money they are asking.

/ Terex? #2  
Most important thing with any tractor is dealer support. If there is a dealer close to you, then you should be fine. They make and sell allot of equipment, but I don't know of anybody who has one, or where a dealer is around my area.

Check out Heavy Equipment Forums - Powered by vBulletin

I've read some commets over there about them that are mostly negative, but you should read them yourself to decide if they are accurate or just bashing everything besides Cat or whatever their favorite brand is.

Eddie

/ Terex?
Eddie,
There are 4 dealers within 50 miles of me so service should be no problem. I pulled the trigger and bought the machine. It fits my needs and the price was much better than Cat and JD for machines in much worse worse condition.

/ Terex? #4  
If you have good dealer support go for it, but in these parts I don't think I have seen a dealer for them.

/ Terex? #5  
i would be real curious to hear a review of your new tlb after you have been able to run it a bit. i think if i was going to buy a full sized hoe i would go terex as well. the price is just too good. congrats and good luck with you new machine.

/ Terex? #6  
I'd give one a shot if I could find a deal on one. Would like to hear your experience
as well.

/ Terex? #7  
From the time I've spent on one, I think they are a good machine.
It's really crazy how some people get about Cat & Deere or whatever brand when it come to construction equipment. I've noticed around here those brands are getting replaced by JCB, Volvo, Terex, Komatsu, Doosnan and such. I think people are sick of dealing with the price tag of those mega-dealers.
Try to research with an open mind as well. Most people can't have an intelligent argument about pro's and con's of a machine. They just say "it's junk because their brother's, neighbor's, cousin had one and all he did was run it out of oil and the motor blew, what a piece of crap."

/ Terex? #8  
I agree. I've got a Case now and I'd get another, but I'm not married to it either.

The Terex uses a perkins eng like Cat, a tranaxle like a Case, common hyd. pumps.
Backhoes are more alike anymore than different.

/ Terex? #9  
I agree. I've got a Case now and I'd get another, but I'm not married to it either.

The Terex uses a perkins eng like Cat, a tranaxle like a Case, common hyd. pumps.
Backhoes are more alike anymore than different.

Very true. Most use the same Cassapa pumps, Carrero axles, rexroth, synchro shuttles, etc.

/ Terex? #10  
Just before I bought my LB115, I almost bought a Terex 860. It's a lot of machine for the money. Not quite the quality feel in the cab compared to the big names, but nothing major.

One thing I didn't like about the Terex was I think it only had 2 gauges. My Case & NH have 5, but no big deal.

The money you save buying Terex over Case, Cat, Deere is what's important. Probably save enough to buy an air braked trailer and lots of backhoe buckets. :)