Sun Belt expo in Moultrie, Ga

/ Sun Belt expo in Moultrie, Ga #2  
Yes I have attended for the last 7 years. I have mixed feelings about it. It's good in every manufactuer dealing with tractors, implements, accessories, trailers, hydraulics, etc. have booths and reps on site. The big guys, John Deere, Kubota, and New Holland will all have 30 or 40 tractors there. They will always have their new models to see or demonstrate. The bad thing about it is it's a social event for every teenager within a 150 mile radius. Every year some vendor will be giving away yard sticks. It seems like every teenage boy has to chase every teenage girl around the exhibits popping her on the bottom with the yard stick. The kids seem to travel in groups playing grab arse, and just being a nuisnce. I don't mean to sound like I dislike kids, I have two with dozens of nieces and nephews. I run a business and I go to research equipment. It's not play time, it's serious business. When New Holland came out with their cab version of the TC-45 years ago I was really interested in seeing one. They had one at the Expo, but you couldn't get near it due to the kids wanting to sit in a tractor. Same holds true for the demonstration fields. They have shuttle trains that take you out to the demonstrations fields, but you can't get on one due to the teenagers wanting to take a joy ride. I've seen half the shuttle train filled with teenagers who will ride to a demonstration site never get off the shuttle and ride it right back to the expo, but there will be 10 farmers and 5 contractors waiting to get a ride. This is normally a three day event, I wish they would block one day for professional farmers and contractors.

OK...I sound like an ole poot! Just calling it like I see it.

Any specific questions?

Sunbelt Ag Expo**North America's Premier Farm Show

/ Sun Belt expo in Moultrie, Ga
I went last year for the first time and really had no game plan.I did notice a ton of kids.What no school?LOL

What day do you think is the best day to go to avoid the crowds?

/ Sun Belt expo in Moultrie, Ga #4  
The last two years I attended on the last day and it was jammed packed with people. I may try and go the first day this year.

It takes me a little over 3 hours to drive there. So I leave around 5:30 a.m., stop somewhere for breakfast, which puts me there around 9:00 - 9:30ish. I stay until 4:00 or 5:00 and head back home. It's a long day, but it's great to see all the equipment.

Are you in GA? What's your interest/business?

/ Sun Belt expo in Moultrie, Ga #5  
We will be there for sure. We are closer to the forestry equipment this year. We will also have most os the US guys there. Our Va. rep will be bringing down his excavator for us to use and our N.C., Tenn. Great Lakes rep will be there to help as well.
The KIDS!! It being an big AG area I think they get credits, extra points for coming. The best day if I remember was the first and earlier the better. Hope to see some of you there. Last year it was pretty cool when TBN members came by our tent to see some of our babies in person and chat.

/ Sun Belt expo in Moultrie, Ga #6  
I know the kids are a pain, but believe it or not, it is a required trip for FFA students, and other farm related classes. Some of the kids are full of it, but if you listen when they're looking at equipment, you can really tell the future farmers!

/ Sun Belt expo in Moultrie, Ga #7  
i for one can't WAIT for moultrie...its gonna be my first year coming down and I am hoping its as cool as Robbie tells me it is...I may have to sneak out of the booth for awhile and take a look around!

Last edited:
   / Sun Belt expo in Moultrie, Ga
GATC35 Re: Sun Belt expo in Moultrie, Ga

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The last two years I attended on the last day and it was jammed packed with people. I may try and go the first day this year.

It takes me a little over 3 hours to drive there. So I leave around 5:30 a.m., stop somewhere for breakfast, which puts me there around 9:00 - 9:30ish. I stay until 4:00 or 5:00 and head back home. It's a long day, but it's great to see all the equipment.

Are you in GA? What's your interest/business?

I actualyl work in Fayetteville 90% of the time.
I do general grading/ Excavation and Septic installs.
I live in Jackson, Ga

Robbie Hegwood Re: Sun Belt expo in Moultrie, Ga

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We will be there for sure. We are closer to the forestry equipment this year. We will also have most os the US guys there. Our Va. rep will be bringing down his excavator for us to use and our N.C., Tenn. Great Lakes rep will be there to help as well.
The KIDS!! It being an big AG area I think they get credits, extra points for coming. The best day if I remember was the first and earlier the better. Hope to see some of you there. Last year it was pretty cool when TBN members came by our tent to see some of our babies in person and chat.

Will you guy have a booth down there?
If so I would love to meet you guys.

/ Sun Belt expo in Moultrie, Ga #9  
We are putting on the JD exhibit this year and we will also have a booth of our own. To avoid the kids come the first day. Hope to see yall out there.

/ Sun Belt expo in Moultrie, Ga #10  
Yes we will have a booth. We are on block D5 across from the big AGCO exhibit. Even though last year was slow from good sources I enjoyed it and thought it was beneficial.