Kubota Excavator Quick Attach

/ Kubota Excavator Quick Attach #11  
You DON"T want to lose the main pin, say digging at night... trust me, I know.

Ah! The dark side of the excavator business! :D:D:D

/ Kubota Excavator Quick Attach #12  
Kubota's QC system is good. I've had no problems with them and the only slop they have comes with normal wear and tear that any machine will acquire. You'll love it when you get it.

/ Kubota Excavator Quick Attach
Am I right in assuming it has a bolt that tightens into a wedge and as it wears it just tightens further?

I was at the dealer examining the quick attach a couple of days ago and as I suspected it is a wedge type coupler. It looks similar to the US version but has a hook at the back to accept a wedge to tighten the bucket to the QA rather than a pin. It appears different countries use different types and the type in Canada used by Kubota is a H&H quick attach. I ordered a QA, 36" ditching bucket, 16 " trenching bucket and a set of adaptors to convert my 24" bucket. I will post a couple of pic's when I get it set up in the next few weeks.

/ Kubota Excavator Quick Attach #14  
The US coupler is made by Werk-Brau, odd that they would switch companies, but maybe it's too expensive for WB to ship to Canada? Who knows, either way good luck with the coupler!

The US coupler is made by Werk-Brau, odd that they would switch companies, but maybe it's too expensive for WB to ship to Canada? Who knows, either way good luck with the coupler!

I think you are right about too much to ship to Canada. H&H (Canadian company) has been supplying buckets for Kubota Canada since at least 2004 when I bought my KX91-3. In Europe they use a different one as well. I guess a local supplier just makes sense instead of shipping overseas or country to country.

I just made my thumb hydraulic a couple months ago (works great) and now I will have to modify it as the thumb and bucket won't line up anymore due to the coupler. What timing ah!:rolleyes:

/ Kubota Excavator Quick Attach #16  
Kubota is a company made up of many smaller companies representing regions and manufacturing/sales etc... Each division makes its own choice as to what brands and attachments they want to use. Logistics may play a large role in this. But I don't think it's as large as you think.

For instance: Kubota Canada uses Quickie front loaders instead of America's KIE (Kubota Industrial Equipment) made loaders. Logistics possibly, but why not keep the machine all Kubota?

Nobull, pics on the thumb?

Here are a couple of pic's of my hydraulic recently modified thumb. When I added the QA the thumb was about 6" too short and would just go inside of the bucket. I added some stock to extend the thumb, but also had to widen it as well. The new 16" bucket had the teeth in a different configuration and I had to add a couple of inches to the width so it would go between the teeth or catch the cutting edge of my three buckets. If you also notice the gold coloured pin with the grab handle that I use to keep the thumb from creeping down over time. When I need to use the thumb I just pull the pin.

Attachments

• IMG_1060 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1060 (Small).JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 881
  • IMG_1066 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1066 (Small).JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_1069 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1069 (Small).JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,098
  • IMG_1070 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1070 (Small).JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,060
Here are a couple of pic's of my new H&H quick attach. The quick attach hooks its two bosses on to a couple of hooks on the bucket and then the other end lowers down and is secured by a wedge and bolt. At present it appears easy to change and tight. Time will tell how it holds up, but I am optimistic.

Attachments

• IMG_1068 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1068 (Small).JPG
    64 KB · Views: 1,217
  • IMG_1061 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1061 (Small).JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,640
  • IMG_1062 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1062 (Small).JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,116
   / Kubota Excavator Quick Attach #20  
Nice modification on the thumb nobull.

I hope that QC system works for you. I'm not a fan of that. I haven't had good luck w/ it.