Am i liable for damages for rental equip?

/ Am i liable for damages for rental equip? #11  
the trencher i rented was a POS.

i had to fix it twice to get it working again (get the chain shifted into "gear") and after i got it running the last time it wouldnt shut off. i worked on it again for like an hr trying to get the **** thing to work right but it was clear it had had this issue before and had already been rigged once. ONce i got into it i could see it had been monkeyed with many times before to make work.

when i took it back i told them about it and told them there trencher was a POS and what was wrong with it. The guy kinda smiled at me like he new exactly what i was talking about. They only charged me for a half day despite me having it a full day.

/ Am i liable for damages for rental equip? #12  
This is just one of the many reasons why I hate renting equipment.

Takes me time to get to the rental yard, time to sign it out, they overcharge for everything, 60-70% of the time the equipment fails in some way and it is another trip back to the yard.

I have almost never gone away thinking that was a good experience.

/ Am i liable for damages for rental equip? #13  
This is just one of the many reasons why I hate renting equipment.

Takes me time to get to the rental yard, time to sign it out, they overcharge for everything, 60-70% of the time the equipment fails in some way and it is another trip back to the yard.

I have almost never gone away thinking that was a good experience.
I hate paying the rental yard a $100 and doing the work my self when I can pay a guy to do the job for $75.

/ Am i liable for damages for rental equip? #14  
I hate paying the rental yard a $100 and doing the work my self when I can pay a guy to do the job for $75.

The best thing I heard you say since I have been on here. We price most of our small trenching jobs cheaper than most couple rent a trencher, as we can line up several to do in a day and make more than one big job.