Another ASV failure

/ Another ASV failure #21  
Well, that's an encouraging thing to hear everybody.

/ Another ASV failure #22  
hey Buck how are things in asv land is there any chance of a bigger asv coming soon

/ Another ASV failure
I had a very good discussion with Buck yesterday and I will say ASV is working hard to improve their machines.

Full details of discussion soon..

/ Another ASV failure #24  
the pts i have now are a lot better than the rc i had i have over 2500 hours between the two in a year and a half in hard times i dont think that is to bad quickdraw what do you want for the excavator

/ Another ASV failure #25  
I had a very good discussion with Buck yesterday and I will say ASV is working hard to improve their machines.

Full details of discussion soon..

awesome. I am glad someone was paying attention and gave you a direct line into the organization. It's a start, right?

Kudos to ASV for showing up.

/ Another ASV failure #27  
ASV should finally be working hard to attempt to satisfy customers for a change. It is amazing what companys do when the economy goes south. Suddenly the unreliable product they put out 2006-2008 has caused alot of people to turn away from their product.
I bought my machine from CraneWorks in Alabama. There were so many problems and lawsuits they quit pushing the product. They finally told me that I needed to call ASV directly with problems. Trust Me. They (ASV) do not feel your pain.
I found someone this week that I could pay to take my machine.
I wish each of you the best. I'm finally out. Take the advice of the knowledgeable experienced operators on this site.
If you are going to mulch. Buy something to mulch with. Or you can make the same very expensive mistake I did

Last edited:
   / Another ASV failure #28  
Help Axe I have one too to let go!!!! I have been trying to sell mine for a couple yrs now & now luck. People are still interested in this type of work too, that is the only thing keeping me going just to pay the bills!!!

/ Another ASV failure #29  
Pray very hard for God to take the burden from you and lead you to something else. I'm not saying you can't find work. The lowballing hacks that were stealing business @$85-$95 per hr. are now going the way of the dodo.
If you can hold on. Maybe it will work. But for me my ASV consumed more than I could make. The dealer even through their hands up. After my warranty was over was tough. I was on my on. I am convinced that if you buy this product you better have another source of income or another piece of equipment to work with. I sold for $9700.00 less than my payoff plus a 16,500 # warn winch. It wasnt that I could not find work. I just could not afford to continue to do the work.

/ Another ASV failure #30  
ASV should finally be working hard to attempt to satisfy customers for a change. It is amazing what companys do when the economy goes south. Suddenly the unreliable product they put out 2006-2008 has caused alot of people to turn away from their product.
I bought my machine from CraneWorks in Alabama. There were so many problems and lawsuits they quit pushing the product. They finally told me that I needed to call ASV directly with problems. Trust Me. They (ASV) do not feel your pain.
I found someone this week that I could pay to take my machine.
I wish each of you the best. I'm finally out. Take the advice of the knowledgeable experienced operators on this site.
If you are going to mulch. Buy something to mulch with. Or you can make the same very expensive mistake I did

Yeah you're probably 100% correct. Any company that has been in this business for over 25 years can't care one lick for its customers or how it makes machines unless the economy goes bad. I think they teach that at the Harvard School of Business- only care about customers when it is convenient and you will be one of the best small companies in the US for close to a decade. I'm sure that every one of their customers that bought an RC100 or PT100 is had nothing but the same problems you have had and are trying to dump their machines too. CAT, Deere and Bobcat must be licking their chops.

I'm not in the brush cutting market, but I have watched this company grow over the last 15 years and I own an RC50 (I sold Bobcats for over 8 years). Has anyone ever given any thought to the fact that ASV has gotten into this market by default because they have always had the best high flow and most hp? They are marketed as a construction/landscaping machine and I bet they adapted their machines into what is now the PT100 forestry because guys kept buying them and complaining to them to imporove this and improve that. There are other OEMs out there that make machines just for mulching- RAYCO, FECON, Gyrotrac, etc. Why don't people by those instead of the ASV machines? I bet its because many of them don't want to spend $150k+ and think that they can get buy on only spending around $100k. Do more with less- makes sense to me.

I don't know all of QuickDraw's machine problems other than what he has shared, but think it says something about ASV given that they even posted on this site and asked him to call them. I have been on many other sites and I have seen attachment and aftermarket reps post but never anyone from CAT, Bobcat, Deere, NH etc. Maybe they don't have problems with their machines and all of their customers hear angels sing every time they turn the key to start the machine. You might want to look at one of the CAT, Deere, Bobcat, or NH CTLS. Or maybe you ought to pony up the dough and buy a dedicated machine. Either way, I wish you luck finding something that works up to your standards.