KX41 Kubota miniex

/ KX41 Kubota miniex #1  

MJPetersen

Veteran Member
Tractor
YM 1510-D
Hello, It is my first post on this section of the forum. I am considering buying a Kubota KX41 (1996--not series 2) for general landscaping, small stumps, digging along foundations and trenching work. It has 3600 hours and seems to have had reasonable maintenance--the company has owned it since new and they recently bought a new Kubota.

There are lots of extras that will come with the machine, a trailer, a new seat (they got it and never got around to putting it in the machine), some spare filters, and 5 buckets ranging from 20 cm to 60cm.

For the money that I have this is about the vintage of machine that I am looking at. I have seen a Yanmar B17 (1995; 3700 hrs) for about the same money (it is a lot further away).

My question is this--in inspecting this is there anything that I should be looking for that will indicate wear or expensive repair? I looked at it casually once, but would like advice on what I should look for specifically. Any advice?

Mike

Attachments

• KX41.Otwock.jpg
    KX41.Otwock.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 478
   / KX41 Kubota miniex #2  
I would propably pay to have it checked out. You obviously want to check for leaks on each piston. The drive sprokets and leaks around the drive motors and front rollers. The slewing motor. If it was owned by one comapny it may have been regularly maintained but that's not to say it's employees didn't treat it like crap. Is there any slop in the bucket/pins and finally the engine. How does it start, run, sound..etc. Did I say, you might want to pay to have it checked out?