yanmar mini excavator

/ yanmar mini excavator #1  

stnickstoys

Gold Member
Tractor
Used Yanmar and Iseki
Could anyone post info on their gray market yanmar mini excavators? I am interested in doing small digging jobs and rental along with my grey market tractors and am thoroughly impressed with the digging these minis can do. Please comment on the good and bad and any resources/dealers you know of for buying these minis
Thanks
Nick

/ yanmar mini excavator #2  
Dont know about Yanmar mini's but have been around alot of Bobcat mini's and their great, I would think Yanmar would be just as good or better than B/C's, most all mini's I have saw had the dozer blade on them and that is good stay away from any that dont the blade makes them so much more versatile, there is a dealer here in GA that imports tractors as well as construction equip. (I looked at a Yanmar mini he had, needs a little work thinkin' I might buy it) if this is not too far for you to go let me know and I'll give you his name and number, doesn't Yanmar sell new mini's in the U.S.?

/ yanmar mini excavator #3  
The Yanmar excavators are good units,especially the 50 size(weighs about 10000lbs) Now that Yanmar is legally importing their equipment it makes getting parts for the grey market stuff much easier,just get in touch with a Yanmar dealer and you can get parts.The biggest thing to watch for is the tracks,if they're rubber check for big rips and/or signs of the track splitting,those tracks are pricey anywhere from $1500-$2000 each,but mechanically they are very reliable,Deere used to sell a 50 and a 25 years ago and it was just a rebadged Yanmar,hope this helps!