Case 360 Trencher/backhoe.

/ Case 360 Trencher/backhoe. #1  

J_J

Super Star Member
Tractor
Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST
I got a good deal on this trencher, it was calling my name. If everything works, I will be pleased. Has very little hours.

Does anyone have an owners or operation manual for this machine. What kind of fluid is used for the hyd?

Attachments

• CASE 360-4.jpg
    CASE 360-4.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 3,893
   / Case 360 Trencher/backhoe. #2  
Was that trencher at an auction "callin' out your name"...!!?? :D

Looks like a real straight, clean machine.

Whatcha gonna do with it? Goin' back to work... :eek:

AKfish

/ Case 360 Trencher/backhoe.
I did not have one, and thought, might as well.

I also asked the owner to look for the shop and owners manual, and they found them. lucky me.

One problem though. I found the fuel pump full of white powder, looks almost like laundry detergent. I am thinking someone might have put something in the gas, after being fired.

/ Case 360 Trencher/backhoe. #4  
Ouch... sorry to hear that! Was the sale due to a kaput engine??

Glad they tracked the manuals down for you.

(You might get to know those books inside and out!)

AKfish

Update on the case 360 trencher. Ordered a new electric fuel pump, and it doesn't appear to be working. So I gravity fed fuel to the carb, and the engine kicked over and ran. Worked the hydraulics for a little bit and shut everything down. I felt sure I was ready to load it on the trailer, and take it home. The previous owner has been nice enough to let me work on it there, and said to take all the time I needed. Started the engine today, and tried to raise the trencher up off the ground with the back fill bld and BH bucket, and then it happened, one of the hyd hose blew, and dumped hyd fluid all over the ground. I tried to look under the machine, but the sun was so bright, and the underside was so dark. I will bring a digital camera back and take a bunch of pictures. There are a combination of steel lines and hyd hose under there, and I have to find the hose or line, or fitting that failed just to move the machine. The fluid needs changing also. I put some ATF in the reservoir just to bring the level up some. I will use Hy-Trans as soon as Case has there stock delivered.

Well, after looking under the bottom of the trencher, fluid had covered all the hoses, and I could not tell which had failed. Put my digital camera under there and took some pictures, and also felt all around, and I finally found the faulty line/hose. It was the steel pressure line going to the plow circuit, and that is why it was pumping fluid really fast. Anyway, I felt a lot of rust on the pressure line, and made a decision to pull the line and check for sure. Sure enough, that was the one leaking. Rusted through. My deduction on why the line rusted out was that someone had put a foam sleeve on the line to prevent rubbing, and I think water got trapped in the sleeve, and water/metal equals rust.

Well the bad news is that they can't make a replacement steel line, so an equivalent hose 32 in long with JIC-10, would cost $75 plus cost. NOT me. Ordered the hose from Discount Hydraulics for about 1/2 the cost.

I had raised the wheel off the ground with the bucket and the plow hyd, and the trencher was still up in the air three days later, so I am expecting good things from this trencher, with Backhoe.

The new fuel pump was dead so took it back to NAPA, and got another one, and put it on a battery before I left the store, and this one does work.

Attachments

• CASE-360 TRENCHER-BACKHOE 005.jpg
    CASE-360 TRENCHER-BACKHOE 005.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 1,026
  • CASE-360 TRENCHER-BACKHOE 013.jpg
    CASE-360 TRENCHER-BACKHOE 013.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 767
  • CASE-360 TRENCHER-BACKHOE 014.jpg
    CASE-360 TRENCHER-BACKHOE 014.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 809
  • CASE-360 TRENCHER-BACKHOE 011.jpg
    CASE-360 TRENCHER-BACKHOE 011.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 648
I finely got the engine running good on the 360 Case trencher, and changed the hyd filters, and today, I loaded it on the trailer and brought it home. The hydraulics all appear to work fine. Haven't tried the chain drive yet.

/ Case 360 Trencher/backhoe. #8  
Do you still have this unit ? what type fluid does it take ? What engine and size?

Attachments

• CASE-360 TRENCHER-BACKHOE 030.jpg
    CASE-360 TRENCHER-BACKHOE 030.jpg
    776.5 KB · Views: 2,841
  • CASE-360 TRENCHER-BACKHOE 079.jpg
    CASE-360 TRENCHER-BACKHOE 079.jpg
    523.9 KB · Views: 639
Last edited:
   / Case 360 Trencher/backhoe. #10  
JJ., GOT ONE JUST LIKE YOURS ALSO NEED A MANUAL. WOULD LIKE TO TALK BY PHONE TO YOU MY NUMBER IS 228 627 1316 .ONE TIP ON YHE ELECTRIC PUMP IT HAS TO BE GRAVITY FLOW TO THE PUMP SO I MOUNTED MY pump just behind the front wheel works great [ramlinjack]