How to make a pressurized cad in an RC100

/ How to make a pressurized cad in an RC100 #1  

tuckinlugz

Silver Member
Tractor
2006 ASV RC100 & '06 Kubota R520S
Hello, I am thinking of installing a fan to make a pressurized cad in my rc100. I was looking at fans and there are tons out there. Does anyone know what kind of cfm that I would need to keep the dust from coming in the cab? Or at least slow it down a lot. Any Ideas? Thanks, Mike

/ How to make a pressurized cad in an RC100 #2  
Hello, I am thinking of installing a fan to make a pressurized cad in my rc100. I was looking at fans and there are tons out there. Does anyone know what kind of cfm that I would need to keep the dust from coming in the cab? Or at least slow it down a lot. Any Ideas? Thanks, Mike
I do not have an answer for the cfm. But I really do not see how you can keep the dust out of an rc100. Save your money for repairs. There are alot of small openings that are hard to seal. You can slow down some of these with new door seal. Garage door seal where cab sits onto machine (Tip from Yellow Dog ) But the dust still seems to boil in from the AC filter and from behind and to the sides of the seat.

/ How to make a pressurized cad in an RC100 #3  
I have a 2006 RC100 that I took delivery on in 12-2005. I'd like to tell you what I did to address the dust issue.

After a lot of research I decided on a MacBone Industries pressurizer. That's a fancy name for nothing more than a Jasco blower, rated at 250CFM at 2.3 PSI, coupled to a Donaldson airfilter housing. The blower is rated for a service life of 1000hrs. The unit is mounted on the cab roof in front of the AC coil under the enlarged brush guard. I don't miss the view through the roof but if I was to do it again I would mount it on a piece of lexan rather than plate steel. I found a nice AC vent out of junked car to direct the air in the cab.

Of course, as Ax Man mentioned, a lot of dust enters around the seat and controls area. I cut some pieces of dense foam, approximately 1 1/2 square, in various lengths, to fit in these areas. It takes about two minutes to set these pieces back into place once the cab is reset back down on the frame. I also use a portion of a quality household AC filter to replace what positrac uses under the seat. In addition to weather stripping the cab to frame surfaces I used silicon caulk to seal up all the little joints under the seat and in the door corners. The openings where the hydraulic motor supply lines that pass through the chase have been reduced with conveyer belt material All this has worked together to eliminate any noticable dust infiltration in the cab.

I am also in the FL panhandle. I was concerned that I would not feel the AC when the unit was running. Well I can honestly say that I don't run the AC near as often with the outside air blowing in and the cab stays comfortable even on the hotest days. I have had this unit in place now since April 2008 and its working very well.