Cat skid steer questions

/ Cat skid steer questions #1  

ncguy

Hello, I have access to a Cat skid steer when I need it but have some questions. A friend of mine has a couple, both B and C series. I want to take good care of it when I have it. Where do you check the coolant and the hydraulic fluid? Thanks for any help.

/ Cat skid steer questions #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

I would suggest you have your friend go over the machine with you to show you all the stuff that's important. Reading here is one thing-but nothing beat the hands-on you will get from him.

/ Cat skid steer questions
My friend is out of town working alot. He told me to get one whenever I needed one. I know how to drive it, just don't know about the preventive maintenance.

/ Cat skid steer questions
I've been looking online and think I've found some answers. There should a bulb on either side of the radiator for the coolant. I can't find where to check the hydro fluid though. Can anyone tell me where it is on B and C machines

/ Cat skid steer questions #5  
On my Case skidsteer, the hyd filler tube was just inside the back door of the skidsteer.

The actual tank, is part of the frame, and has a sight window to see the level. You also have to know what kind of fluid to use if it is low.

What I am trying to say, is that it should be readily accessible

/ Cat skid steer questions #6  
Ask him if there is an operators manual with it. On some equipment they put it in a small compartment behind the seat.

/ Cat skid steer questions #7  
My 236B has a large sticker on the inside of the rear door that shows you where everything is. If i were at home i'd go look for ya..