Allmand TLB

/ Allmand TLB #1  

TerrapinJim

Tractor
Allmand TLB25 (2000)
Just wondering if there are any other Allmand TLB owner/operators out there...I currently have a 2000 TLB25 & just wanted to see how others are using/servicing their machines.

If you are not familiar with the them, check out there web site at www.allmand.com

/ Allmand TLB #2  
TerrapinJim,
Looks like maybe you and I are the only ones that will admit they have an Allmand Brothers TLB.
I bought my 2003 TLB425 ESL in the spring of 2009.
To date I have moved more dirt and snow with shovels than I have with the TLB.
I purchased it sight unseen from Allmand Brothers re-marketing division and I assumed they had inspected and repaired it before re-marketing it. They had not.
It had been a rental and apparently it had been abused for flood clean up without benefit of service or maintenance.
I call it The Money Pit after the movie because I just keep spending money on it.
I am still working on it to this day.
I too would like to share experiences with the Allmand Brothers TLB owners.

/ Allmand TLB #3  
I missed this before. I've got a 2000 tlb-535DW. I sent you a pm with my opinion of Allmand Co.

/ Allmand TLB #4  
This is just to report that after replacing and/or repairing just about everything from one end to the other including new hydrostat and the drive motor, and spending about $4000 and 500 hours labor for 50 hours use on my TLB 425, I finally sold it for $500 more than I paid for it. What a piece of junk, and made in the USA. I sincerely hope the buyer gets a lot of good service out of it. I was so sick of it that I could no longer stand the sight of it.
Beware of Allmand Brothers Remarketing division. They don't remarket in the sense that they make the things serviceable before they sell them, they just sell the used junk.

/ Allmand TLB #5  
I own a425 allmand its very powerfull and it runs great no problems at all.

/ Allmand TLB #6  
Own a tlb 25. love it. No problems for the last 8 years. use it winter and summer.

/ Allmand TLB #7  
Got a TLB 425 last summer and really like it. Strong, easy to use with a Kubota diesel engine. I just noticed that my hour meter stays on even if the key is off and out. Looking at the schematic, this shouldn't be the case. Anyone know a good place to get a replacement ignition switch?

/ Allmand TLB #8  
FYI, Allmand has suspended production of their TLB line.