ASC RC100 wheel bearing failure

/ ASC RC100 wheel bearing failure #1  

tuckinlugz

Silver Member
Tractor
2006 ASV RC100 & '06 Kubota R520S
Hello,

I have a 2006 Rc100 that is approaching 1500 hrs. A few weeks ago my wheel bearings failed in my rear 14" set and garbled up my wheels.

My dealer had some used ones from their junk yard and I spent about $600 to get it repaired with the used parts.

Yesterday my rears on the opposite side failed. Due to my recent experience I was able to load it up this time before ruining the wheels.

This time there are no used ones... A new roller assembly without the wheels is $362, plus some other parts and labor. So it'll probably have $900 in this side.

I looked for info on the internet for some replacement info with no luck. The dealer said that you can get the bearings only, but with the additional labor costs to remove the old bearings and install new ones would make the total price cost more than just getting new parts from the begining.

Bair products said that they were going to be selling their aftermarket assemblies, but not until this fall and they said they would be greaseable.

Is there any way to do this repair any cheaper? I am thinking the fronts will go next, and who know about the bogie wheels.....

Anyone have any info that they'd like to share?

Thanks! Mike

/ ASC RC100 wheel bearing failure
Thanks, I called that guy the first time and he said he wasn't sure if they were any good..... I didn't wanna chance it.

I was hoping to get some feedback from others that had dealt with with this same issue.

/ ASC RC100 wheel bearing failure #4  
Tuck you did better than I did. I bought new roller assembly for most of my rollers and idlers. I managed to get to a few quick enough that I changed the bearing before I wrecked the asssembly.

For me when the first one went soon after they all went...maybe one a week. Looking back I would have changed everything at one time. They sell a kit that contains the whole undercarraige minus the drive motor. It was pricey but if you do that you won't have time lost due to break downs.