Compact wheel loader vs Skid steer

/ Compact wheel loader vs Skid steer
I received a couple of bids for shipping. For 1,200 miles both bids were around $2100. Good or bad?

I would say Fair.

That was my assessment. Was hoping for more in the $1600-1700 range. Still have a few other offers pending and options. Have not purchased anything still working on price of machine ect.

Checked out Iron Planet and Ritchie Bros. No machines of that type/size listed.

/ Compact wheel loader vs Skid steer #24  
radman1,

Sent you a Personal Message concerning a piece of equipment.

Just a heads up, don't know if it's what your exactly looking for or not.

/ Compact wheel loader vs Skid steer #25  
I received a couple of bids for shipping. For 1,200 miles both bids were around $2100. Good or bad?

A good friend of mine used to hotshot. He worked off a website that put haulers and clients together. That way he made money on the return. Haulers bid on the load, sometimes he was dinner and sometimes he had dinner.

/ Compact wheel loader vs Skid steer #26  
Have you considered a telehandler? Would probably be an all around more useful farm tool. SS style QA, but I don't think anyone makes a high flow option. 16 + feet of reach is kinda handy for stacking and building maintenance :)

I have found used Terex 5519 telehandlers to be in good supply (maybe a bad sign):confused: in my search for a all-around replacement for my 1845C and old pavement only forklift. It will do snow removal, fork lift duties, and auger duties and not chew up the gravel driveway as much. In fact I cut a deal for one this afternoon.

/ Compact wheel loader vs Skid steer #27  
I have found used Terex 5519 telehandlers to be in good supply (maybe a bad sign):confused: in my search for a all-around replacement for my 1845C and old pavement only forklift. It will do snow removal, fork lift duties, and auger duties and not chew up the gravel driveway as much. In fact I cut a deal for one this afternoon.

Cool, looks similar to our JCB 520. Hope you like yours as much.

/ Compact wheel loader vs Skid steer #28  
Radman,
I have used a Cat 902? and a 906 (more frequently) when my 110 is not big enough for the jobs. Have used the 906 the majority of the time and really like it, one thing to consider is that a CWL will use less fuel and will have wear better than a SS since everything is rolling instead of skidding in turns. This also means a CWL doesn't require as large an engine to do the same work. On a ranch in the open I would choose the CWL over the skidsteer everytime.

I did finally find a machine. Bought a 2008 New Holland W80 compact wheel loader. It is a clone of the Case 321 and similar in size to a CAT 908. 280 hours, limited slip rear end, A/C, rear counter wt, antidrop valves. It has the newer style mono boom like Cat uses. It also uses a skid steer carrier which I found to be essential for my other equipment. However, unlike CAT, both the tilt and lift cylinders are under the boom. This makes the visibility to the attachment very good.
The prices of used machines vary widely. All of the CAT machines were from CAT dealers and were priced too high. I found 2 NH machines in my area 2.5 hours away, both 2008 machines. One was $74K and the other $80K. I found this machine in NH and paid 51K. Should be here in 2 days. The list price for a 2008 machine like this was 87K. The state contract price was near 72K. I can understand why these machines are not very common. The price for new is very high compared to skid steer.

Last edited:
   / Compact wheel loader vs Skid steer #30  
Radman,
That sounds like the unit is almost new, hope it all works out for you. Not familiar with the NH but if it is comparable to the 908 that is a good size and price.:thumbsup:

When I was looking into this real hard I was considering a Cat 304.5 mini excavator and a 902 loader. Looking at both used pieces with trailer was over $80,000 and would require two trips for every job. Finally settled on the 110tlb with the Laurin cab so that I could have everything in one trip. There are maybe 4 or 5 times a year I need a larger loader and either rent the CWL or call in a larger backhoe.