Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: ASV RC100 Track not working- any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by tuckinlugz View Post
    Well, the loose belt seems to have been the battery problem. But the track is still not working.

Somehow the drive motor is not turning. It acts like there is something stuck (like a stick) in the track system keeping it from working. There was a loose jam nut on a 90 fitting for this track coming from the pump but it wasn't leaking. I tightend it up and looked for any broken electrical connections and cannot find anything in the track.

One pump seems to control both tracks so I don't think it's the pump.

So maybe it's the track drive motor itself, or broken bearings in the bogies that have caused it to freeze up?
    I'm having this problem with my 2810. Did the drive motor fix this problem? Did the tandem pump need re-building too?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2006 ASV RC100 & '06 Kubota R520S

replaced the drive motor with a used one and it's work now 25 hrs or so. Hydraulic man said to replace the pump too. But I talked to other people that just changed the drive motor and it works fine. I plan on changing the filters and fluid again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tuckinlugz View Post
    replaced the drive motor with a used one and it's work now 25 hrs or so. Hydraulic man said to replace the pump too. But I talked to other people that just changed the drive motor and it works fine. I plan on changing the filters and fluid again soon.
    Thanks. By any chance did you disassemble the motor to see if you could fix it?

Well I got the 2810 left side apart. The drive motor valve plate looked worn but the rest looked OK but I replaced it with a new one anyway. $720 later - started to mount the new one but thought I'd check the planetary first. I't seemed to turn a little rough so I checked the oil - NOTHING.. So I disassembled THAT! The first tapered roller bearing came out in about 30 pieces. Followed by some powder that looked like coal and metal bits ground up. This was supposed to be 90w oil mind you. I can only postulate that the previous owner had not checked nor changed that oil in a long time. I swear it ran fine when he delivered it last month and I got about 6 trouble/noise free hours out of it.. Amazingly, nothing expensive seems damaged in the planetary! Just bearings and thrust washers. I'll keep posting as I tear into this thing more, but I don't look forward to pulling off that other track to go through the right side now....

GUYS - CHECK YOUR PLANETARY OIL NOW!
    Last edited by lanmanager; 10-28-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Silver Member
    Tractor

I did have the drive motor tore down. Everyone says that you can't get the parts.... so it's cheaper to just buy a new one. My friend is having the same problem with a case excavator hyd pump. No one can get the parts to fix... so it's find a used one or buy a new one! expensive either way!

I have found the parts readily available for the motors. The bronze valve plate is about $150 and that is what wears out. A good hydraulic shop can lap/resurface the back of the cylinder block (barrels) if necessary. If the cylinder/pistons are worn, the bores can be sleeved. But an entire new rotating assembly is around $500. So $650 for a repair, $750 for new. Take you pick..

Silver Member
    Tractor

Are the parts you're talking about for the rc100 or the 2810? I bought a used track drive motor for 1000, they are 2500 for a new one. What are you talking about 750?

The 2810 I have uses an Eaton 74318-dbd motor. Very common actually. It retails at ASV for $2500. The counter price from a hydraulic supply place was $720. $2500 for a new hydraulic motor would be outrageous. There are guys out there that can lap the valve plates, piston shoes and cylinder blocks for a couple hundred bucks. PM me and I'll give you the names of the companies. Don't want to get banned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12