Back hoe bucket has two pin holes??

/ Back hoe bucket has two pin holes?? #1  

futuresweets10

Silver Member
I noticed that when I got down bellow about 3ft the bucket didnt tilt out enough to be able to dig deep. I moved the pin from one slot to the other to allow the bucket to swing out further, but obviously it wont fold in flat against the arm now (which isnt a problem). What is the other setting for, as it seems to be worthless for digging.

/ Back hoe bucket has two pin holes?? #2  
I find the "inner" setting handy for grasping things with the bucket...
My bucket will nearly touch the dipper and I can grab branches and most anything else between the dipper and bucket... Also handy if your hole is deep enough to dig under a pipe or other utility.

/ Back hoe bucket has two pin holes?? #3  
I noticed that when I got down bellow about 3ft the bucket didnt tilt out enough to be able to dig deep. I moved the pin from one slot to the other to allow the bucket to swing out further, but obviously it wont fold in flat against the arm now (which isnt a problem). What is the other setting for, as it seems to be worthless for digging.

JD calls one the power digging position and the one that folds nearly to the arm is a setting for loading dump trucks with the back hoe.

The Power setting is better for digging up stumps i have found.